Chapter 5: Lucy

So here's what happened:

We were watching scary movies, and Niall got scared, so he asked if he could hug me. He hugged me, and then we watched scary movies, well, more of them. They were all the Paranormal Activity ones. Then I THINK we kissed, but maybe that was a dream who knows.

So when we woke up, it was around 3:00 am, and the t.v. was turned off. The lights were all off except for a little night light chilling somewhere. Niall was still asleep, and next to him was a plate of pancakes. I touched them and they were still warm so he must've made them right now. Oh Niall, he's amazing, I thought to myself. Since I hadn't eaten ever since 10 in the morning, the time I walked out of my house, I decided to grab the plate and start eating. By the time I was half way done, and there were only like three and a half pancakes left, Niall had awakened, and I wasn't aware. Then, I guess he couldn't help it, he laughed, like a laugh where your like, I can't believe it, kind of like a mix of pfft and a tiny giggle.

I looked up at him and noticed he was lazily smiling. I felt my face get a little warm, and Niall must've seen me, because he said, "Don't worry. Keep eating. I'm not hungry." And he kept on smiling. I wanted to ignore him and pretend he was still sleeping, but he hugged me tighter, and put his head on top of mine. It was hard to eat that way, but I managed to almost finish the pancakes.

I was about to be the person to finish the pancakes, but I felt someone intensely looking at me. Well, who else could it be? Niall was the only one there, so I looked up, and surely, he was the one staring at me. But this time, he looked at me hungrily, like he was hungry. Then, as a coincidence, someones tummy started rumbling, and I asked Niall, "Want some?"

"Only if you feed me the pancakes." What a baby, but that's what made him perfect.

So hesitantly, I started feeding him pancakes, and he finished them.

Then we decided to talk, just simple talking. He asked me questions like how I met my "friends" and why I think my dad acted the way he did. Then we talked about sad things, and surprisingly he cried as much as I did, which was a lot. He was wonderful.

Then we fell asleep again.

In the morning, I was the one that woke up last. I realized that Niall had been watching me the whole time, because when I woke up he was smiling at me, and he was saying something like, "You're so beautiful when you sleep." Then he hugged me tight. Was he already in love with me? Is that what his mom was talking about? Let's hope.

At noon, I was showering, and when I came out, Minerva knocked on my door. Minerva looked like me for some weird reason. She had the same skin color, same hair color, same eye color, she looked older and like she had lived so many tragic things. Both of us had big lips, big teeth, big eyes, big eyelids, we had so many things in common.

She told me that later on in the evening, Niall's mom was planning to take us to dinner, and that she wanted both of us to look stunning, and part of the family, so she was going to teach me how to put on my makeup. Since she had noticed that we had the same skin color, she knew what color I was with foundation, concealer, etc.

Okay, let me tell you the truth. I had NO idea what I should do first, and how to do my makeup. The only thing I knew about makeup was that it was to make you fake. When Minerva told me everything about makeup, I felt bad for thinking that of everyone who wore makeup. I'm sorry.

Based on what she said, makeup was to hide your imperfections, and to bring out certain features of your face. For example, if you wanted to make your eyes pop, you would use, like for me, a blue. If you wanted to make your cheeks look lifted and rosy, you had to put on blush, and do something called contouring. And so on.

She taught me how to use a "Beauty Blender," (weird name that sounded like Booty Bender,) she taught me how to conceal, she taught me how to use cream blush, etc, based on what she said, they were the basics. That meant there was A LOT more too learn, but I just decided to stick with that.

Then she showed me dresses. I felt bad using other peoples clothes, but she said these dresses were for me. I was surprised when she opened the closet, because there were so many dresses and jeans and tops, blouses, everything. And the weird thing, they all fit me. Weird.

I decided to choose a high-low, light pink dress. It had a gray sparkling belt and it had spaghetti straps, but Minerva said that dress didn't suit me, and that I should choose something that "accentuated" my "curves." I had curves? Wow. I'm beautiful. So with that being said, she got me to wear a dress. This dress was floral, it was a tight dress that went down to the top of my knees, so I needed to close my legs when I sat. It had a thin black belt around it. The top had thick straps that connected to a wide "u." It was beautiful, but not on me, but Minerva reassured me that I looked beautiful. Then she said, "Niall will love it."

And I was like, wait, wait, WHAT? "What do you mean Niall will like it?"

"Haven't you seen, or are you blind? I am not supposed to tell you sorry."

"No no it's okay I won't tell anyone."

"Ok. Niall told his mom like 30 minutes ago, that when you guys kissed, he realized he was deeply falling in love with you."

"So he was in love with me before, but he didn't realize?"

"Yes. That is what he was saying."

I felt my face get warm, and then hot.

Minerva said, "Oh, someone's blushing." And she smiled at me like, ooo.

Once I finished putting on my makeup, someone knocked on my door. I opened it and saw Niall. I was already dressed up and everything so when he looked at me, he looked me like, whoa. He probably didn't notice my makeup because I did it naturally.

"Wow you are...beautiful."

I couldn't help but blush, and I knew I was blushing hard because my face felt hotter than hot. "Thanks."

Niall got closer staring intently at my eyes. Then he blinked and smiled and whispered, "You are always gorgeous." That made me blush even harder. Then he said, "Oh sorry. I was going to ask...no never mind. Well, can we talk?" I wonder what Niall had to tell me. Then he said, "No no. Never mind. Just...forget it."

He started turning around but I called him, "Niall what did you want to tell me?"

"It's too early to ask you this...just forget it." Then he whispered, "I love you," or something like that....though I am pretty sure it was something more like I'll see you later. Then I had doubts when he looked at me and started blushing.

I asked, "What did you say?"

Then he looked down and smiled shyly, and said, "I...said I l...I mean...I will...see you later."

Then he left.

He is the best. After about an hour, his mom called all of us because we were leaving for dinner.