Chapter 7: A Fatal Condition

Alpha's POV~

I took Zack to the pack doctor. His head was really warm and I'm worried that he's sick. Well, if that's the case, I'll nurture him back into full health. And maybe he'll start to like me more, knowing I really, really love him. I can't let him think I hate him. He should know that I love him. And that's not going to change. But right now, I'm in the waiting room. As the name suggests, waiting to find out what's wrong. The doctor comes out in werewolf form. Or rather werefox form.

It's a long story, but I'll explain it to Zack

It's a long story, but I'll explain it to Zack. He'll probably be asking. The pack doctor then lowered his ears and says "He has a very high fever." I then say "Then get me some medicine and I'll treat him back to full health." He shakes his head with a sad look and says "It won't work. This fever is too high. It's fatal." My eyes widen in surprise. Soon, tears start to fall and I say "No. No, he can't." My tears start to fall more. I then say "No! He can't die! I just found him! I don't want to lose him!" The doctor gives me a hug and says "I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do." I cry over his shoulder and rub the tears out of my eyes. I look down at my hand and say "Tears." I let go and stop crying. I look at the pack doctor and say "Do your best to keep him alive. Use time stoppers if needed." He nods his head and I head to the main room. I howl to let everyone know about a pack meeting. Once they were all here, I then said to all of them "My mate is in a very fatal condition." They all gasp and I continue "To make sure he stays alive, go out to the Goddess' fountain and obtain some of the Goddess' Tears." They all widen their eyes and say "But we don't know much about the tears. We don't even know if they'd be able to heal him." I then say "I know, but I want my mate alive. This is my last solution, so go now. Before it's too late." They all nod and shift into their wolf forms. They all head out. I go back to the room with Zack in it. I pet his head and kiss his head and say "Stay alive. I'll be back soon. I love you." I leave the pack house and head to the Goddess Spring. A place where us werewolves go and pray to the moonlight goddess. It takes an hour run to get there. Once I finally got there, I take a knife and cut my arm. I let the blood drain into the spring. The moon started to glow brighter and the light was focused on the statue. I then say, my hands folded tightly "Please, I use my blood as an offering for this one request." The moonlight glowed even more onto the statue. I then look up at the statue's eyes and say "Please, don't let him die. We use your tears as a cure, but we don't know if it heals. So please, allow your tears to be a cure for my mate. I don't want to lose him. Not now, not ever." The light from the statue made the eyes start to glow. I then hear the Goddess' voice in my head "Brian. Alpha of the Northern Forest Pack. I use my power to make your request come true. However, with every wish, there is a consequence. I'll let let my tears heal him, however, he will go into a new form. A form that will allow his life to become forever. Is this okay with you?" I then say with tear-filled eyes "Yes! As long as he stays alive, it's still him. My cute little Zack. It doesn't matter what he is or what he becomes! Human, Vampire, Demon, Angel, even Werewolf Hunter! He's my mate, my love, and I don't want to lose him. I just want to be with him." I open my tear-filled eyes and look to see the moonlight goddess. (^^^)A rare sight and privilege. She looks at me and cups my cheek. She kisses my forehead and says with a smile "Brian, my child. You have a heart of purity. One that shows bravery, passion, and care for your mate. It was both wise and courageous of you to come up here to my spring and pray to me." I nod and bow. She puts her hand on my head and says "You're a great Alpha, Brian. And you will be a great husband to your mate, named Zack." She grabs my hand and makes me stand up. "Now go to your mate. Bathe him in my tears and give him a cup of it. This will ensure he stays with you forever. And I hope he pulls through in loving you back. It may have been my decision to make him your mate, but now it's your decision to make him see that he loves you back." I nod and she says "Go forth, Brian. Go to your mate. I'm sure he'll be delighted to see the face of his mate once he wakes." I nod and walk off. I turn around and say "Thank you, Goddess." She smiles and says "My pleasure." I run back to the pack house and see everyone here. I then say "Pour the tears in a tub." They do as told and I pick up Zack carefully. I rest him in the tub of the Goddess' tears. I feel his head it's gone down tremendously. All others open the blinds and shut off the light, letting the Goddess' power reach the tub of water. Soon, I take a wine glass and scoop up some of her tears. I use the cut from before to squeeze out a bit of my blood into the glass. I mix it put it up to Zack's mouth. I then say in a whisper, "This will make your life with me eternal. I love you, Zack. And I'm never going to lose you or let you get hurt, ever again." Soon, his eyes slightly open. He sees me and says very weakly "Brian." I then say to him "Shhh. Just rest." He falls back asleep. Tears of joy rain down my face. My mate is going to be okay. I take him out of the tub and take him into my room. I leave him on the bed by myself. I exit the room and head to the couch in the main room. Rose then asks "Alpha, aren't you going to sleep with your mate, now that you know he'll be fine?" I then say "I'd like to, I really would, but seeing me once he wakes up will probably do him more harm then good." She nods her head. She then says with a slight smile "Sleep well, Alpha." I nod my head and rest on the couch. I then think in my head "The transformation. What will happen to my Zack?"