Chapter Twenty Eight [Strike One]

A L I J A H

"You've been really distant lately and it sucks we don't talk as much as we use to" I said to Marco as we sat on my front porch playing connect four out of boredom.

"I just don't want you to get hurt that's all, you mean a lot to me" he said lifting my chin and I gently pulled away and looked down chewing on my bottom lip.

"I have something going on with Jesse now, and what you and I have isn't romantic it's brother and sisterI" told him and he looked at me before nodding his head.

"Yeah I know, it's just your my best friend even if I'm not yours because I know you have Zaire, but it's like your the only stable person I got in my life, please don't stop talking to me or stop wanting to be my friend" he said sadly and I felt my heart breaking.

"Marco I love you to death like I love Zaire and if you want to come back here with us you can do that, my dad liked having you around and he said you remind him a lot of himself and he doesn't wanna see anything happen to you" I told him looking at the black eye he had.

"I'll think about it" he mumbled and we heard a car zoom past and looked up quickly before shaking our heads. I was so paranoid now a days it sucked.

"Cmon lets go eat I'm so hungry" I complained and he helped me up as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we went inside.

"When are you not hungry?" He asked locking the door behind us and I rolled my eyes, obviously I don't eat enough because I'm so small and my father always teases me.

We walked into the kitchen and the smell of hamburgers engulfed my nose and Marco and I looked at each other happily, I didn't feel like trying to make anything.

"Two burgers with cheese and curly fries for Marco and I" I sung happily causing my dad to look at me with a smirk and shake his head.

"You never stop eating, don't come crying to me when you gain weight" he joked and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I'm trying to get thick father, I'm too skinny" I tell him causing Marco to bust out laughing and I swatted him with my hand. I was being dead serious right now I wanted a bigger butt and I didn't want Jesse to help me get one the way he said he would.

I felt arms around around my neck and took in Zaire's scent as I glanced up at him giving him the duck face and he returned it kissing my forehead.

"What's up Marco" Zaire said slapping hands with him and he gave him a head nod as my father sat down three plates in front of us before turning off the stove.

"You aren't eating with us daddy?" I asked sticking out my lower lip and he flicked me in the mouth.

"I gotta go handle some business with your uncle but we'll do something when I get back" he said taking a fry from my plate and kissing my cheek as he headed out the door.

I looked at Marco and Zaire as they ate there food and began smiling at the idea I had forming in my head, but I knew they'd both think I was crazy.

"How come Jesse, Cal and Eli get to have all the fun?" I asked innocently and Zaire looked at me as he chewed with his mouth open causing me to close it for him.

"You mean like be corner boys?" Marco asked standing and going in my fridge and I smiled big as Zaire rolled his eyes.

"No I'm tired of these little stupid ass ideas you always have, remember when I was twelve and you were ten and you thought it'd be a good idea to steal all the eggs in the house and make me sit on them because you wanted a pet chicken and Silas said no?" Zaire asked causing Marco to laugh.