Chapter Twenty Five [Hate That I Like You]

A L I J A H

"If you were just gonna sit on your phone and not talk to me you didn't have to come, I mean I do have feelings to" I mumbled sadly as I watched Jesse type away quickly on his phone. It was around noon and I know everyone else wouldn't be back until later on and I was lonely with nobody to talk to.

He looked me over with his face scrunched up before standing and walking towards the window looking out of it. I sighed giving up and decided to close my eyes to take a nap than and maybe when I woke up he'd been gone.

"I almost shed a tear when you got shot, but my body wouldn't let me it was like I was fighting it" Jesse said and I opened my eyes and he was sitting in front of me again.

"Well I would expect that considering you have no heart" I shrugged and he started mugging me and I just knew he was going to say something slick.

"See just when I start trying to be a little nice you gotta fuck it up" he snapped and I turned away from him only to regret it because the side of my head with stitches was in few and I could feel him staring.

"Damn gyal they fucked your ass up good" he joked and I felt myself tearing up. I was really sensitive now because I just knew people were gonna make fun of me and he was the first one to do it, my husband.

"Please leave I don't have time for you to be an ass to me" I said raising my voice and he raised his eyebrow and stroked the side of my face with an unreadable look.

"I wasn't being mean this time though you don't look bad if that's what your thinking" he shrugged and I just stared at him waiting for him to start laughing or something but he didn't.

"Well thank you I guess" I shrugged and he leaned in closer looking at the stitches and my face began burning, he smelled so good and the baseball jersey he was wearing was unbuttoned at the top showing a little bit of his tattoo.

His lips were pink with a hint of darkness signaling he smoked weed. Whenever he smiled you felt happy because it seemed to cheer you up just looking at it because it was so pretty. Made me forget he was such an asshole and always mugging.

"Who are those from?" He asked leaning away from me and snapping me back to reality. I looked over at the flowers Cali gave me and smiled.

"There from Cali he brought them to make me feel better they're pretty aren't they?" I asked and he nodded as he stood up and grabbed the flowers throwing them in the trash and I gasped.

"Don't be accepting shit from him that nigga is suspect in my eyes, ion fuck with him so you don't either. Understood?" He asked really calm.

"Yeah I understand I guess" I said sadly, those flowers really were pretty though and I liked looking at them, something shiny caught my eye and Jesse reached into the trash pulling it out.

"Nigga put a microphone in the bitches" Jesse said tossing it on the ground and crushing it with his foot before pulling out the rest of the flowers looking through them and finding two more.

"He gave you anything else?" He asked and I pointed towards the blue teddy bear and he walked over and grabbed it before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a pocket knife and cutting the back of it open and another one came out.

"Anybody been talking business in here?" He asked again and I shook my head no. Why the hell would Cali put microphones in his gifts to me?

I watched as Jesse bit on his lower lip thinking and before I could say anything my nurse walked in with her volunteer who was eying Jesse and I rolled my eyes, I'll just hold my tongue no need in hurting myself even more by punching her out.