"Baby?" I glanced to my left at my dad rushing down the aisles. The nurse moved aside and he came near, approaching with a cautious hug. "Oh I'm missed you so much, I'm so glad you're okay." I remained quiet, tears dripping down my face onto his shirt. "I'm so proud of you, and I can't ask anything more of you. You're okay."

I didn't abandon you.

I wrapped heavy arms back around him and sobbed and he let me. He kissed the side of my forehead and let me sit back.

"You're friends are coming," he said. I felt a chunk of guilt melt away at his presence. He ruffled my hair.

"Love you dad," I said, quietly, and he stood.

"Love you too kiddo." I snuggled and he left to let in some of my friends. I heard two pairs of hurried footsteps. Pidge came into view with Allura behind her.

"Oh my God." Pidge grabbed me in a hug and I laughed slightly despite the horrible ache in my body.

"Pidge you'll hurt her."

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I just ah! God I love you so much," she said.

"I love you too Pidge."

"She's been sleeping in your bed," Allura replied, hugging me. Pidge sat down on the cot beside me, careful of my heavy leg. I wiped at my eyes slightly.

"Wow creepy Pidge," I laughed, sniffling.

"I'm not even sorry."

"I know." I paused. "So what did I miss?"

"Oh just about you being the coolest person in school. You're honestly the bravest person I've ever met!" Pidge said, her eyes watery. Another chunk of guilt washed away and I smiled.

"Alright Pidge, come on let's let someone else in." I wiped at my cheeks again and they gave another hug before leaving. A nurse dropped off tissues before Keith and Romelle appeared.

Keith didn't say anything, only pulling me gently into a hug. I smiled, wrapping my arms around him in return. I felt him shrink slightly in my grip, and I realized that my absence must have been tough on his Galra side.

"I don't think you've ever initiated a hug with me," I said and he tightened his arms. Another chunk of guilt washed away. He let go and I glanced to Romelle, feeling my stomach burn.

"Hello, I don't believe we've met properly I'm—"

"Romelle, Bandor's sister," I replied and she paused.

"Yes how did you—"

"I'm so sorry." She stared at me, confused. I felt my eyes begin to water. "If I had gotten to him faster, then—"

"(Y/n) I came to thank you."

"What?"

"Even when your leg was snapped in half and you were bleeding profusely, you still helped carry my brother to help. I cannot express my gratitude to you enough," she said. I felt my lip quiver and Keith held my hand.

Almost all my guilt had subsided.

I ended up hugging Romelle and she thanked me again. They exited and Hunk followed with Shiro. I hoped dearly to become better friends with them in the future. I hadn't paid enough attention to them.

They left and I paused, letting out a heavy breath. I was only waiting on Lance now. A pair of solemn footsteps neared and from my curtain Lance hesitantly entered. He stared at me for a moment before sitting down in the stool beside my bed. He looked over me with a sympathetic look.

"Hey (y/n)," he said softly and I felt my breath hitch, tears forming in my eyes again. It's okay to cry. I held out my arms and he hugged me warmly, allowing me to sink into him and sob.

"Lance."

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything. I'm just glad you're okay," he said softly, placing his mouth on the top of my head. I cried for a little longer until I could hardly breath anymore. He set me back against the bed. He brushed away the tears with a tissue. "That's a nasty little bruise."

His thumb brushed across my cheek and I felt my stomach jump.

"My entire leg is shattered and you mentioned that bruise?" I asked, sniffling.

"Aha there she is," he smiled and I chuckled slightly, feeling like I had to cry again. "You did amazing in the tournament you know."

I eyed him and he smiled at me.

"Kicked it in the ass."

"Hardly," I let out a chuckled, sniffling again.

"No you really did. I'm proud to say you're my friend," he replied and I smiled. "I missed you a lot."

"Me too." I could see that he had been crying earlier, possibly while we hugged and I felt my heart tug at my chest. He grasped my hand, sitting in silence with me for a while.

"I missed hearing you talk, and seeing your eyes," he said softly. What would Nyma think?

"Where's Nyma?" I asked softly.

"I broke up with her, but don't watery about that right now. You're okay and that's all we need right now," he replied.

"I'm sorry about Nyma," I said.

"Even where you are right now, you still say that. You are something else. I love that. But seriously don't worry, I'm just glad you're back," he said and I felt my heart swell. He smiled at me and I didn't feel guilty anymore for Nyma. I stared at him lovingly, wanting nothing more than to sit with all my friends, Lance's arm around me.

~Calymari