Chapter 37: 7 Years

Start from the beginning

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) beating the absolute tar out of whoever took their stuff

I got back with a sack over my shoulder. I entered the treehouse and saw Oak sitting at the table across from Erza.

(Y/n): oh, hey Erza. What are you doing here?

Erza: Oak was just telling me about what happened. As for why I came here in the first place, I remember you promising me cuddles after the trials were over.

(Y/n): ...I honestly thought you'd forget about that.

Erza: *death glare* are you breaking your promise to me?

(Y/n): n-no, just give me a sec to get changed.

Erza smiled and requiped into her pajamas.

Oak: you know it's 7:45, right?

(Y/n): sorry Oak, but when I make a promise I have to keep it.

Erza pulled me into my room and wrapped her arms around me as we collapsed on the bed. She pulled the blanket over us and she rested her head on my chest.

I laid my head down on my pillow and closed my eyes.

Erza: so 7 years have gone by. We've missed so much while we were gone. Fairy Tail has sunken so low.

(Y/n): listen Erza, everything's gonna be fine. Fairy Tail will get back on it's feet in no time. It's just a matter of time.

Erza: I know, but so much has happened. After we went missing the guild started to fall apart.

(Y/n): it may have fallen apart, but we'll rebuild it...

I wrapped my arms around her.

(Y/n): together.

Me and Erza made eye contact. She leaned in closer and we kissed.

At that moment, Oak walked in and proceeded to point a finger down his throat and pretend to throw up.

Oak: at least do that in a room that we don't share.

(Y/n): geez, thanks for ruining our moment.

Me and the others then started trying to restore Fairy Tail to it's former glory. That is until a week after we got back. We were all in the shack we called a guild hall when the master called me over.

Makarov: (y/n), come here for moment, I have something for you.

I walked over and he handed me a letter.

Makarov: this came for you in the mail.

(Y/n): who's it from?

Makarov: no idea, it doesn't say.

I took the letter, opened it, and read it out loud.

Dear (y/n)

    I didn't feel like talking with you in person, so I left you this letter. You may not remember me, but I remember you. I want you to meet me at Eastwood Canyon so we can have a little chat. Knowing you, you'll probably think this is a trap, but your curiosity will get the better of you and you'll come anyway. You'll know I'm close when you hear the sound of a pan flute.

Sincerely ???

PS. Come alone.

As I finished reading, everyone looked at me.

Lucy: you're not going to fall for that, right?

(Y/n): he's right, my curiosity is bound to get the better of me.

Grey: but what if it IS a trap?!

(Y/n): I won't know until I get there.

Erza: but Eastwood Canyon is at least a 10 day trip.

(Y/n): if I leave now and I fly, I'll make it there in 3.

Oak: but the letter said come alone. That's kind of a red flag.

(Y/n): I just wanna see what this guy wants. I can handle him alone.

I packed some food into my bag and walked outside.

???: (Y/n), wait.

I turned and saw Erza.

Erza: please...be careful. You don't know who this guy is or what he's capable of, so promise me you'll at least make it back here in 1 piece.

I walked over to Erza and pressed my lips to her's.

(Y/n): I promise.

I transform and began my journey to Eastwood Canyon.