Chapter 4

Volume 1: Incident of H City's Earth-born Fetus

Chapter 4 – "Oh, my name is Zhou Yi. Zhou as in the Wuling Emperor of Zhou, Yi as in one (Yi) and only."

According to the protocol among the sorcerers, Chu He should now greet him back in the same manner —— bending slightly forward and sending his regards using the same gesture if his status was lower than the young onmyouji; or if he had a higher st...

According to the protocol among the sorcerers, Chu He should now greet him back in the same manner —— bending slightly forward and sending his regards using the same gesture if his status was lower than the young onmyouji; or if he had a higher status, he should have nodded his appreciation at least.

But Chu He only stared back in a very perplexed and innocent way. After quite some time, he hesitantly held out a hand. "I'm Chu. Hmm...Hello?"

Aida broke into laughter at once, "Lanyu, Mr. Chu is just a normal person. Don't scare him!"

Chu He laughed accordingly. The youth threw several glances at him before he finally stepped down, though suspiciously, and remained silent afterwards.

An accident happened on the construction site where the mayor and the foreign investor were inspecting —— the news soon stirred up the entire police department of the city. Shortly afterwards, about seven or eight police cars blared as they approached from afar. The captain of the Criminal Investigation Detachment and his men rolled off the first one even before the car came to a full stop, and when he saw Mayor Huang, he could barely make himself clear, "Ma-a-a-a-ayor Huang! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry that we're late. Wh-wh-h-here...where did the accident happen?"

The supervisor of the neighboring construction side also hurried over. His legs got weak the instant he saw the situation: "I swear this has nothing to do with us. We fully comply with the Regulations of Safe and Civilized Construction! We don't know anything! We-we-we-we'll definitely cooperate with the investigation! ..."

All the noises started to give Mayor Huang a headache. The director of the exhibition center was sensitive enough to snap at the site supervisor to move away, then drag the captain along to look at the splash of body chunks together. A few police officers quickly cordoned off the area. For a moment, everyone was backing away, and those who had witnessed the entire incident were then hooted to the side by the police for inquisitions.

Taking the opportunity that no one was paying attention to them, Mayor Huang secretly pulled Chu He over. "What should I do? That Japanese dude found out about me! Are they going to hunt me for food?!"

Chu He asked curiously, "Does weasel meat taste good?"

"I don't know if it tastes good or not, but it sure is edible!" Mayor Huang scowled miserably, "What a pity to see my three hundred pounds of divine fat goes to waste! I mean what if they end up on those Japanese dudes' dinner table?! Besides, my dear motherland won't even recognize me as a martyr even if I lay down my life! Chariman Chu! Chariman Chu you've got to stand up to them this time! If anything happens, you must cover me and let me run first!"