Deadly Compromise

Start from the beginning

"Kat? Colby?" Sam calls out, approaching the door. "Listen, if you guys are gonna prank me, can you hold out? I've got this big date planned and I don't want it ruined."

Stopping in front of the doors, Sam gets no response so he rolls his eyes and opens the door, entering the room into what he has no idea was a different kind of trap set just for him.

Upon entering the garage, Sam first realizes two foldable chairs are set up in the middle of the room, occupied by Colby and Kat. But that's not all; they're both tied to the chairs, sitting back to back, duct tape ruthlessly pressed across their mouths. Three men in all black are standing behind/beside them, guarding them and watching creepily as Sam enters the room.

Kat's wearing the outfit she picked out for their date (red crop top, black fitness leggings, hair in a ponytail) whereas Colby's just in his sweats. Besides the duct tape, Kat looks unharmed however Colby's neck looks bruised and his right cheek is red, almost purple. That makes Sam put the pieces into place. 

Kat must have been getting ready when either there was a knock on the door or these guys straight up broke in. Colby must have come to investigate and was thrown into a fight, where he was easily overpowered and dragged to the garage (not before getting hurt from fighting back). One of the men must have grabbed Kat from upstairs (either that or she heard the fight and voluntarily came down) and taken her to the garage as well. No matter what happened, Sam's appalled.

"Wha-" Sam surges forward but before he can run to his girlfriend and best friend's aid, a hand from behind grabs him by the arms and yanks them behind his back, keeping him in place. Jumping from the suddenness of the presence behind him, Sam whirls his head around to be met with a scary and muscular henchman, dressed head to toe in black, like the others. But that's not what's weird. 

What's weird is the fact that they're all wearing black demonic robes.

"Samuel Golbach." The middle figure in between Colby and Kat announces, head bowed and cloak hood covering his face. "We've been waiting for you."

"Wh-who the fuck are you guys?" Sam can't help but blurt, his heart rate abnormally high. "Wha... a-are they okay?"

"They're unharmed." The middle guy turns to Colby and cocks his head. "Mostly unharmed, that is. And they'll remain that way only if you abide by our demands. Understand?"

"Wha... what's going on?" Sam tries not to shout, wiggling fruitlessly in the man's grip, trying feebly to free himself. As expected, it doesn't work.

Trying not to garner attention towards him, Colby slowly and nonchalantly tries to jerk in his seat, attempting to loosen his bonds. As he does so, he turning bashfully to Sam, meeting his best friends' gaze with wide eyes and a face wet with sweat. He doesn't have enough time to hide his fear from Sam, Sam already saw the terror in his expression before he shifts it into a smile. Seeing Colby so scared makes Sam's knees buckle and he collapses under his own weight. Instead of falling to the floor, Sam goes limp in the man's grip, his arms pulled taught.

Forcing himself to look away from Colby, Sam turns to Kat and seeing her, his heart breaks. She's not struggling, at least not visibly, but she is trembling in her seat, terrified. The way she's sitting there, compliantly (as opposed to Colby who's actively trying to free himself), Kat seems like she's resigned herself to their circumstances. Tears are streaming down her cheeks and onto the duct tape around her mouth yet she looks to be trying to hold back said tears. She looks at Sam with eyes communicating her fear, relief and small bit of hope left. If her mouth was free, she'd be begging Sam to not do anything stupid and to save her, to get both of them out of this predicament.