I slip on my white pumps. I call Clara.

"Hey Tia! Why aren't you here?" She answers. She sounds nervous.

"I'm leaving now." I say, getting my car key and opening my front door, closing it and locking it and walking to my car.

"Okay. Ray and Jada are here. You need to be! Your mother is disappointed!" She semi yells.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm coming now." I hang up. I get inside my car and close the door. I start it up and I drive all the way across town to Ray's church.

When I arrive, I get out and shut the door. I know that everyone is still getting ready because I see men in suits carrying the cake in. I casually walk in, and everyone turns to me. I notice Ray and Jada looking and Ray looks away quickly and Jada gives me a look with no emotion. I walk over to where my other is, and we have on the same dress.

"Why you look so... awkward? Did something happen between you and Ray? I'd expect for y'all to be eating the snacks by now." My mom whispers.

"His girlfriend is over there. And we got into a argument." I whisper back. My mom kisses her teeth.

"Well whatever it is, y'all need to with through it. Y'all are best friends."

"Mom it's deep. I gotta tell you about it later. It has something to do with his girlfriend."

Her eyes go wide. "Wait... Did you two..." Before she can finish Clara sees me and hugs me so tight I can't breathe. I laugh and she kisses me on my forehead!

"Tia! Baby you looking more like your mother each day! You're so beautiful!' She yells. I giggle.

"Thank you Mrs. Clara." She eyes Ray and she calls them over. I mentally sigh. Here we go.

"Rayon. You and Tia, go get the flowers." She points at the door. Jada looks at me annoyed and Ray speaks up.

"Can't Jada do it? Tia looks tired." I give him a quick look and look away, embarrassed.

"I don't trust just anyone with my stuff. I don't know Jada like that. Both of y'all go now!" Jada starts playing with her fingers and we both go outside quickly not looking at each other. We both go to the truck and we give each other a look. I honestly don't know what to say to him, so I just reach up on my tip toes and he grabs the pink roses for me and grins. I take it from him.

"I'm sorry Ray. I didn't mean to ruin your relationship. I love you as a brother and I want us to keep it that way." I say. He smirks.

"It's okay Tia." He pulls me in for a bear hug. I melt into his arms and I feel protected by a big brother I've never had.

Then he hands me a rose. I take it and I grin. We both walk back in with the flowers and we set them up in the right place. Jada quickly grabs his arm and kisses him on the lips. Then she takes him away. I shrug and go over to the front row. I sit and watch more and more people arrive.