𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 2

Draco found great pleasure in insulting Lilith, pulling his usual tricks, bullying. It made him feel superior to his emotions and his feelings for her which he had long ago buried inside if him, as much as he wanted to be buried inside of her. He had dreamt about this many times, and he was finding it harder and harder to hide it from his room-mates. It made him loathe the idea of feeling, having emotions for her, even more than he already did. Besides, he needed an outlet for the events that had recently unfolded in his life.

He can feel the Yew digging white-hot into his flesh, has to bite his lip and choke on the bile ascending his oesophagus to defuse the pain. Accepting the mark was his first mistake, an inevitable fate, a terrible hideous disillusionment he cannot erase. He sees that now.

It was a hazy afternoon, the sun danced on the edge of the forest, dappled on Lilith's freckled skin, strands of hair hanging in front of her bright green eyes. It was Care of magical creatures, and she had no idea why Malfoy had taken it. He probably was doing it to find another excuse to get Hagrid fired. A group of students clumped together, waiting ominously for Hagrid to reveal his creature they were studying this lesson. Chatter rose from the group of students as they started to spread out, thinking Hagrid was going to be a while. Draco, a classic smirk plastered onto his face, his shirt sleeves rolled up and his bag and robe dumped onto a nearby Goyle, sauntered over to Hermione Granger, who was muttering something about finding Hagrid, and that she needed to get to Ancient runes.

"Oh look, it's the mudblood Granger looking for her oaf of a half-breed friend. Don't come to close, I don't want mudbloods anywhere near me." he spat, loathing blazing in his eyes.

She looked crestfallen, but nearby, Lilith had whipped her head around and was walking towards Draco, anger spitting and bubbling inside of her. She looked particularly pretty today. She hated the discrimination of muggle-born's, women or discrimination in general. It sickened her, after all, we are all human beings, right? She had heard of 'feminists' in the muggle world and definitely considered herself one.

"What the hell did you call her, you fucking ignorant bitch." she spat loudly, grabbing his shoulder and spinning him around.

"Don't touch me!" he said, throwing her hand from him, "And why would I be scared of you, filthy Satanist!"

They were standing inches apart, hot breath misting their faces and anger clouding the small gap between their bodies.

"Because you clearly are infatuated with me!" she said loudly, a smirk tugged at her lips, satisfied with how annoyed she would get him. Laughter erupted from the class, ringing in Draco's ears like an annoying bell, making him even more pissed. He knew he couldn't take off any house points because she was in his house.

"I - www - I don't - I'm not!" He stuttered, flushing a deep shade of red, as Hagrid emerged from the bushes, followed by a small group of nifflers. Hermione approached Lilith, smiling.

"Hi, thanks for that. It was really funny. I haven't seen you here before, what's your name?"

"It's Lilith, and hi - Hermione is it?"

"Yeah, it is. Do you er- want to be friends? You seem quite nice and i'd love to introduce you to my friends Harry and Ron."

"Harry Potter? Oh sure, cool. Well I guess class is starting and Hagrid is there so, see you!"

"Bye!" she called, as she walked towards Hagrid, talking to him for a minute, and then running off towards the school.

That evening, Lilith made her way to dinner, still amazed how large the castle and the fact that she witnessed new corridors and classrooms everyday. She glanced over to Hermione, who was sandwiched between Harry Potter and a boy with tomato red hair and was beckoning her to come over. Lilith glanced back at the Slytherin table, sighed and strode towards the Gryffindor table, a significant amount of eyes burning through the back of her head as she took a seat next Hermione, pushing the red-haired boy to the side. She smiled.