𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 1

It's the crystalline morn of September first. It's the fresh coffee spilled on fresh sheets. The start of a yearly term and the end of a summers burn. It's sixth year, and that first year hope is no longer dripping from the corners of Draco's eyes, no longer slipping down the octaves of his oesophagus. The platform is swarming with students and the billowing clouds of smoke, curlicue ash and ribbon thin coil around the obsidian chimney of the Hogwarts express. Like a bowling ball colliding with pins, Lilith Evendeta entered the platform, sticking out like a sore thumb. Her hair cascading down to her knees, in thick, glowing curls, like a waterfall of white stars, ready to kill anyone who came in contact with it, the electricity pulsing through it at a relentless voltage. Piercing green eyes like two, great, big emeralds glinting under the harsh lights above her. A sweet face, spotted with light freckles like creamy, fresh sheets covered in biscuit crumbs. Soft, red lips that looked a pair of rose petals. She wore black cigarette trousers, a red silk shirt with a few of the top buttons undone, falling into the curves of her breasts and revealing a small fraction of cleavage. On her shoulder hung a red leather satchel, and on her feet she wore red Dr Marten style shoes, with thick black laces like liquorice. The most peculiar thing about the unknown witch that was floating down the moving train like a weightless cloud was the thick leather-bound book she was grasping in her hand with a golden pentagram shining on the cover. Whispers and rumours flew across the train, some outraged of such a witch having the right to walk on their train, some petrified of the darkness which followed her and some intrigued by the brand new area of magic and energy that floated down the train. A lot of the people in the compartments shot dirty looks or they were full.

She finally settled on an (almost) empty one at the end of the train, containing only one brooding boy, peering out of the frosted window. He had platinum blonde hair that lay in thick, messy waves on his head, glinting in the light, as though he had run his hand through it multiple times, like a habit. He had a pair of steely grey eyes with streaks of white lacing in and out of the shining greyness. Soft, plump lips that had only felt the touch of his mother. A pale, peaky face that reminded you of opening a fresh can of pure white paint. Long limbs and black, tight trousers. He wore a crisp, black shirt with the top three buttons undone, revealing his prominent Adams apple bobbing up and down like a ship on the water. He whipped his head around as the sound of the sliding compartment doors echoed in his ears.

It was like seeing an angel emerge from hell, entrancing and beautiful but tough and fiery, as though she had lost her white wings and instead grew the devils horns. He swallowed hard at the shirt that revealed her curved build and the shape of her beautiful breasts that were revealed a little at the unbuttoning of the top of her shirt and her rose-red lips, but then grimaced at the symbol on the book she grasped. Disgust rose up in him like a disease, and then panic washed over him like a wave. He could not be seen with a Satanist, oh no, they a crazy, raving lunatics who dabble in things they shouldn't.

" Why are you in this compartment?" He snarled.

"To sit down until I get to Hogwarts, just like you."

" Well you can't."

" Why not?"

"How dare you just saunter in here, like you own the place and speak to me like that! I cannot believe they even let a witch that has sunken to such a low level as hell, into my school. Watch your back, dirty Satanist. And don't come near me with that - repulsive - hair."

Lilith's grip tightened on her book, and did not fight the overtaking urge to throw it at him. With as much force she could muster, she launched the book at face, it bounced off his nose and landed with a large clatter on the floor. She effortlessly hoisted her trunk above her head and onto the luggage rack before falling onto the blood red seat and kicked her legs up across it.