The Flower Shop

You are in your room reading a comic book called "The Adventures of Tintin" by Hergé. As you read along, you see a couple panels of Tintin's white dog, Snowy. The white fur of the dog reminds you of the goat man you met yesterday, Asgore. You tried to just forget about him as you have with all hot guys who are over aged and probably straight, but Asgore is different. He's one of the monsters to come out of the underground after years of exile. Apparently, there had been some kind of great big war men and monsters some time long ago. All of this had seemed to become less and less realistic as time had gone by without any evidence of monsters ever having existed. Humans used to be much more magically powerful than they are now. Every human used to posses a powerful feeling called, "DETERMINATION", and it was so powerful that only the soul of a human could contain and control it. Anyway, Asgore was the king of monsters and his wife had divorced him, or at least left him, after some huge problem. You suspect it was nothing so petty as your parents not agreeing on how to be together.
   Through all this thinking, you've only strengthened your impossible bond with the king monster. You know that it would never work out since he must be at least in his mid thirties.
   "(Y/N)!" You hear your mother call from the kitchen. The apartment has only five rooms and each are condensed to their utmost minimum space, so one can easily hear another in a separate room.
   "Yeah?" You shout back.
   "It's, 'yes', not, 'yeah', and come here."
You facepalm from her nitpicky grammar. She's always like this and will probably never change. You get off of your bed and walk down the small hall to the living room. The kitchen extends off the side of it and you see your mom baking something good-smelling.
   "I need you to take the laundry down and put in in the washer," she explains as she kneeds bread dough, "don't forget to take the keys and the quarters. A dollar and seventy-five, alright? Put it on whites and colors. You'll have to take the detergent and use it all the way up. I don't have a lot left so you'll have to trot on down to Big M later for a grocery run, okay?"
   You nod and say, "Sure, got it." You've heard this same command so many times that you can almost recite it in your head word-for-word, aside from the detergent part. As you walk back to your room, your little brother, Jonathan, steps out of the bathroom.
   "Hey, wait," you say as you stop him, "Did you even wash your hands?"
   He looks at you with wide deer-in-the-headlights eyes and scurries off to play with his Legos. You sigh and get your clothing hamper from your closet. Taking the keys and the small container of quarters as you leave, you just remember the detergent and toss that in the hamper as well. As you walk through the security door at the end of the outside hallway, you hear what sounds like a man and woman fighting over homosexuality through one of the apartment doors.
   "Seems like no one can just accept us," you say to yourself, walking through the door to the laundry room. After processing the dirty clothes, you come out of the laundry room and look through the glass of the outside door. The clouds are grey again today and it is just starting to sprinkle a little. You think about your invitation to the flower shop. "Okay, maybe not an invitation",you admit to yourself, "but he suggested it. I don't know when I'll have the time, though."
   The day goes on and you are on an errand to Big M to pick up some more laundry detergent when you walk by Asgore's flower shop. The sing on the door says "OPEN" with a smiley face drawn in purple marker next to the "N". Peering through the shop window, you see Asgore chatting with an old lady over the counter. They seem to be having a happy conversation. The lady says something that Asgore laughs at, a kind, strong laugh. He really is handsome as hell. You almost want to go in and say hi before you remember your task and look at the Big M just down the street. Surely you could stop by just for a minute or two? Maybe you could get some flowers for your mom and that could be your excuse for being a bit late. But at the same time, you know you should go and purchase the items you need and go home, since you were sent with lot of money.
   After a few seconds, you decide to screw it all and step into the flower shop. As you enter, Asgore and the old lady say goodbye to each other and you hold the door for her as she walks out, thanking you on her way. You then turn to Asgore who says, "That's Martha. She's an old friend of mine from many years back. A very nice person."
   You smile and agree with, "Yeah, she's been around Sherburne for quite a while from what I hear from others."
   "So," Asgore begins, rubbing his hands, "What brings you to the Flower shop today,  (Y/N)?"
   "I'm just stopping by on my way to Big M. I've gotta get a couple things there. I'm on a bit of a tight schedule, but since I'm here, might as well take a look, right?"
   Asgore smiles at this reply and you walk around the shop for a bit, looking at all the different seed pouches and plants. Many have very vibrant colors while others have a more meloncholy color pallet. You end up picking out a flower with large yellow petals and a creamy-white center.
   "What kind of flower is this?" You ask.
   The goat man seems to look at it fondly. "That is a "golden petal". A simple title, yes, but a beautiful and quite rare specimen nowadays." He checks it out carefully and you pay the necessary amount. After pocketing the change, Asgore hands you the flower and your hand brushes his lightly. You start to feel your face getting a bit hot already and thank him quickly before turning and leaving the store.
   'Dammit, (Y/N)!" You think to yourself, "You only touched his hand! You didn't have to blush. Of all the things, a frickin blush?'
   You try to just shrug it off. You sniff the flower. Because of the weather, it smells like a mix of rain and honey-like pollen. Asgore cared for this flower. He had it in his possession and now it was yours. You can't help but get a bit giddy at the thought.