A Life Without You

3 months later

Zoe's POV

Pin has been traveling for 3 months now, and I miss him every day. I miss him so much, but he does not seem to be missing me, Pin has barely texted me since he left. I am lucky to get a text once a week. This is making me kind of worried, what if Pin has changed his mind about me on his travels? What is he met someone else and isn't giving me a second thought? I grab my phone and look at Pin's most recent text from a week ago.

Pin: miss you

I sigh, I had texted Pin that I missed him too and that I love him, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. I go over to my window in my room at gramps' house and look at Bright Fields. This construction is almost done, and we will be able to move the horses back there in a week or two. I get ready for the day, and as I am walking out of the door to head to Holloway I get a text. I quickly check my phone, hoping that it is Pin. But sadly it's not, instead I see a message from Becky.

Becky: get here quick! Me, you, Jade,  and Gabby are all going on a hack, it's time for you to stop moping about Pin being gone and have some fun!
Zoe: I Just left the house, I should be there in 20 minutes

It's true that I have been kind of mopey lately, I just miss Pin so much I haven't been able to have any fun. Even riding Raven has lost some of its fun. When I reach Holloway Becky immediately runs up to me and asks,
"Where have you been all morning? We've been waiting for you for like an hour!" she demands, sounding annoyed
" calm down Becky! " I laugh, "I overslept, I'm sorry. And anyway, I had no idea that you were planning to go on a hack, so I didn't know I should get here early!"
"Okay, okay." Becky says, the annoyance in her voice fading a little, "Just get Raven ready and meet us in the paddock, we are going to the beach." I go over to Raven's stall to get him ready.
"Hey boy, are you ready to go on a hack?" I ask Raven, he neighs in response, which I take as a yes. tack him up and lead him into the paddock where the girls are waiting for me on their horses. When I get there I mount Raven and we head to the beach. The girls are all talking about random things, obviously hoping to bring my mind away from Pin. But their attempt is not working, my mind keeps wandering back to him. His ocean eyes, adorable cheekbones, and the feeling of his lips on mine.
"Zoe!" Becky says, bringing me back to the present.
" Sorry Becky, I was just... thinking. " I tell her, not wanting to tell them who I am thinking about.
"About Pin." Jade says matter-of-factly.
" What! No! " I say, I know that they wanted to take me in this hack to be on got mind away from Pin, but it obviously isn't working.
"Yes, you are." Gabby says, " You have that look on your face. " She says to me. I sigh, knowing that I need to tell them the truth.
"Oh, all right. I'm just worried, he hasn't texted me in a week. What if he changes his mind about me?" I tell them, my voice thick with worry.
" Don't worry Zoe, you guys are perfect for each other. Pin would never ever want to be with someone else when he's got you. " Jade says to me, being the voice of reason as always.
"Yeah, it's only a matter of time before he proposes!" Becky says excitedly.
" Calm down Becky! " I tell her, laughing. "That's not going to happen for many years, if ever." I tell her, becoming sad again.
"Don't worry Zoe." Gabby responds, " Just stop thinking about Pin and have some fun. " I nod and we lead the horses into a gallop, racing the rest of the way to the beach. When we arrive, we tie the horses to trees, kick off out socks and shoes, and and splash around in the ocean waves like little kids. We are running around and having fun splashing each other when I hear Raven snorting and stamping his feet at me while still tied to his tree.
"What is is boy?" I ask, walking over to him. Raven shorts and gestures his head to my bag. I grab my bag, reach in, and grab my phone. I check my messages and see that Pin has texted me back, finally! My heart leaps as I read his message.

Pin: In Vienna right now thinking about you. Miss you, but I'll see you in a few months, love you. ❤

I show Becky, Jade, and Gabby the message. As soon as they read it they all go crazy, squealing and hopping up and down like kids when Christmas has come. They are acting just as crazy as they did when me and Pin to together. I laugh, and shaking my head at their craziness, I write Pin back.

Zoe: I can't wait to see you, I miss you so much. Let me know when you will be coming home, write back soon. Love you 😘

Once the girls have calmed down, we mount the horses and head back to the stables. I smile to myself and allow my mind to wander back to Pin.

Pin's POV

It has been three months since I left the stables, three wonderful months I've had to travel around the world. I have seen so many amazing people and places, and I have never felt so alive. But although I have enjoyed my travels, I have missed home, dad, and especially Zoe. I get out of my hotel bed and to over to the window. I look out at the breathtaking view of Paris. The Eiffel tower standing imperial in the distance, and the lights all over the city are blinking out as night turns to day. I had arrived in Paris a week ago. I had seen so many amazing things, I got to see the Eiffel tower up close, go to the top, and eat some of the most amazing food I have ever tasted. I was in the city of lights, the city of romance. And yet, Zoe wasn't here with me. I miss her so much, her confidence, bravery, determination, but most of all, the feeling of her lips on mine I miss her warm embrace, but I was still scared. Which is why I haven't texted Zoe in a while. I didn't want Zoe to change her mind about me while I am traveling. This whole duke thing is so weird and unexpected, I don't want it to change things between us. I shake my head, bringing myself back to the present. I grab my suitcase, get in the car, and drive to the airport. Today I am going to Vienna, the most important destination on my trip. I am so excited to finally be going there, to be able to see the Lipizzaners. I will finally be able to live my dream, one I've had since I was a kid. I get to the airport, to through security, and get on my plane. I spend an hour or the two hour flight on my phone. The plane has free Wi-Fi, so I do some research on Vienna. It makes me even more excited, but it also makes me even more scared and was about leaving Zoe. I decide to text her once my plane lands. After another hour on the plane, it finally begins to descend. After I get off the plane, grab my luggage, and get into the car, I text Zoe.

Pin: In Vienna right now thinking about you. Miss you, but I'll see you in a few months, love you ❤

I expect that Zoe is mad at me for not texting in so long, and that she wouldn't text back right away. But she surprises me, her response comes in quick and sweet.

Zoe: I can't wait to see you. I miss you so much. Let me know when you will be coming home, write back soon. Love you 😘

I put my phone away and smile to myself, I drive out of the airport and see my first real sights of Vienna. I drive around, ready for my dream to come true.

Author's Note

Thank you all for reading my book so far, and I really hope that you are enjoying it. I have worked so hard on this, and it would mean so much to me if you vote and comment. I love you all! Thank you so much!

- Olivia