Chapter Two: What's Wrong?

'So many people have so much trouble having kids.'  Courteney Cox

---

Courteney Cox's Point Of View

I woke up to the bed softly bounding up and down. Sure, it was pretty early in the morning but I didn't mind seeing as I knew who it was. She crawled up towards me, underneath the blankets, her face appearing right in front of my face, cuddling right beside me.

"Good morning Coco…" Her face lit up and was beaming just as I said that.

My husband rolled over with a small sigh to the middle so that Coco was in the middle and both David and I were facing inwards towards her.

"Good morning sunshine," David smiled at her and rubbed her head so that her hair was ruffled and messed up. She scrunched her nose trying to fix her hair up and straighten it out.

I started to sit up, but still facing Coco and David, so that my elbow was on the bed and the palm of my hand holding my head up. I smiled at David and there might have been a notification or something whenever I do that because right at that moment he looked up at me as well and smiled. I looked over at the clock and it was 9 am in the morning. I smiled. There was nothing like a great weekend.

***

WAIT! HOLD UP! That was about 5 years ago. THIS is the real now.

I woke up to the sound of nothing. My eyes immediately opened and I immediately sat up. I could feel that my hair was all over the place and I looked at the clock that was on the bedside table. Shit! I overslept! What? I was dreaming about what happened 5 years ago? I leapt off the bed as fast as I could and opened the door. I hurried across the hallway and knocked quickly on Coco's door.

"Coco, come on, wake up! Time for school!" I shouted desperately. I heard her grumble under her breath as I started to hear her walking towards the door, her slippers dragging across the floor.

I bundled down the stairs and froze. Where was Johnny? I looked back at my bedroom door as I suddenly remembered. He was with his band doing something… Maybe rehearsing...? I hope so anyway.

I looked back towards the kitchen and grabbed Coco's favourite cereal, poured milk and I hurried to grab myself a cup of coffee. I turned the machine on and it started brewing. I saw Coco walk slowly down the stairs, her eyes still half squinting.

"Come on sweetie, hurry up, we've got to get ready for school," I coaxed her gently but sternly, hoping that she would do as she would do as I say.

"I'm so tired…" Coco yawned and grabbed the spoon and plunged it into the milk and crunched on the cereal.

"We all are Co," I replied - I wasn't trying to be nice. I really was tired.

I walked over to where to coffee machine was and it suddenly stopped working. I banged on the sides of the machine but I failed miserably. I grumbled what a stupid thing it was under my breath. I had no idea what to do. Coffee was the one thing in the morning that I would always drink to keep me alive during the rest of the day. I know that wine was supposed to be the thing that I drank every morning but that was a TV show. I like it here and there though coffee is what I need in the morning to keep me alive for the rest of the day.

At this point, I had given up trying to fix the damn machine. By now, Coco had finished eating - thank God - and put her bowl in the sink. My hair was still all over the place and when I was just about to go up the stairs to brush it and change, I looked up at the clock and we were very late. And when I say very late, I meant very very late. So because of that, I just used my fingers and tried to use my hands to just straighten it out. I grabbed my car keys and purse once Coco had gone out and locked the door straight behind me.