adelina rivera.

➳ fandom

The Hunger Games

➳ name

Adelina Cassiopeia Rivera

➳ nickname

Adi

➳ age

Twenty Five

➳ gender

Female

➳ sexuality

Homosexual

➳ role

Mentor

➳ district

Eleven

➳ zodiac

Taurus

➳ looks

Tessa Thompson

➳ personality

➳ personality

Adi is a quiet women, of few words, she doesn't talk unless approached, preferring to keep her opinions and thoughts. Do not mistake her silence for being shy, she's certainly not shy, the women unafraid to voice her opinions when she deems fit, she's just rather introverted and prefers observing from the outside. Quite observant and a brilliant listener, she's good at catching even the littlest details that others would miss. A clever wise women, despite being in her twenties, she's seen more and endured more pain than most people. Adi suffers from PTSD, a result of her games and occasionally has intense flashbacks from her past. She's quite composed and put together on the outside, this calm cool facade masking how broken and fragmented her mind truly is. Her thoughts often border on depressive, she's rather pessimistic, mind always spinning towards the darkest saddest pasts. A selfless women she often blames herself for the deaths of the countless tributes she's had to mentor, ten years of watching kids with whole futures ahead of them, die to the cruel games has certainly taken a toll on her emotional state. Nevertheless, she's very determined and hardworking, each year she remains persistently dedicated to getting a tribute home alive, she doesn't slack in her duties as a mentor, even if in her heart she knows that she'll inevitably fail. She's braver than she gives herself credit for and will walk through fire to keep those she cares about safe. Though most you'll ever see from her on the surface is a tightly coiled, composed mask of strength and professionalism, anything else suppressed deep down. Suppress. That's what she does with most emotions, other then the most shallow of them. As an animated movie said once, conceal, don't feel. Adi keeps her heart under strict lock and key, bad at expressing fear, sadness, anger and love. 

➳ backstory

Once upon a time, Adi herself was young. As a girl she was the opposite of who she is now. She was bold, cheerful, confident, extroverted, a epitome of energy. Then came the games. Age fifteen Adi was reaped for the games along with her district partner who she incidentally harbored a small crush on. Nothing serious of course, just your typical teenage infatuation, she was after all naive and young back then like every other teenager. Were the feelings reciprocated? Of course not, this is Panem after all, not some silly fairytale. No the boy had feelings for a girl back in eleven. And did Adi ever tell him? No she was a awkward coward like everyone at that age. As expected, the two district partners allied in the games and she had to suffer through hearing his love sick confessions about missing this other girl. And would she ever get to tell him? No. It was nearing the end of the games and they separated to hunt for food. She heard the screams but she was too late. Adi could only watch the light leave his eyes. After him she hasn't ever felt attraction for another cismale. The resemblance is too strong, too painful. That was the first crack. Adi endured the rest of the games in a numb emotionless state. After a long hard fought battle she killed the last tribute, the girl from one and the crown was her. Next in the chronicles come her mentor years. The first few years she was optimistic and truly believed she could get one home. Year after year it became more and more unbearable, she would try to stay unattached but ultimately failed making all the deaths even more crushing. Adi blames herself seeing it as her own mistake. At time she's begin to drink, drink and forget though she makes sure to stay sober during the games season, instead running on coffee, still doing her best to bring a tribute home. While in the Capitol Adi got several silver lines etched in her face, tattoos to remind herself that she is not the same person she was before the games. Adi was darker now. Broken. Shattered by grief. Yet she is still selfless as always, careful not to let her broken shards hurt others.

➳ aesthetic

➳ quote

"Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through silent pain, cry behind closed doors and fight battles nobody knows about."

➳ theme song

➳ notes

Okay so I loki legit despise how I wrote up her personality. However I promise she's much more developed and deeper than this may seem simply from that rather thin little paragraph, there is a reason of course she's in the top five of my all time favorite oc's. Also, Tessa Thompson is queen and literally the embodiment of this character, there can be no other faceclaim for her.