Obsidian Knife

You made your way down the open park of the city just as the last rays of sun graced everything in fiery orange glow. It was busy in sense that hundreds of people wandered about but not packed in like sardines. Vendors were all of to the right side selling their many trinkets and as authentic of food that they could muster, then off to the left side was reserved for live entertainment.
A group played on acoustic instruments, while live dancers dressed in medieval threads showed off their moves. People set up ready to joust, a small archery range had also been set up, along with ax throwing. If this didn't have accidental murder written all over it nothing else would.
There were so many possibilities. Arrow to the heart, spear to the neck, ax to the skull, Hell they even had torches set up to guide the paths. It almost made an un-assassin like giggle come from you, a small smile graced across your face at the though of finally being done with this hit.
"Hey doll." You heard Bucky's smooth voice come up from behind you. You looked over your shoulder not bothering to turn.
His hair was loose, framing his face, and you swore that man purposely always had stumble surrounding those full lips of his. He was wearing a long sleeve henley that left little to the imagination when it came to the man's muscle tone, and a pair of dark jeans that realistically were about a size to tight. That smile of his... it was genuine, something you didn't get often but it was nice to see.
"Hey stranger, long time no see." You said back as he finally walked up next to you, you smiled back.
"I know, kinda dorky for a date." He chuckled shoving his hands into his front pocket looking at the ground.
"I think it's kinda cool, what most guys take girls out the movies or a bar? This.. this is something different." You shrugged, looking around. Truthfully if you hadn't had murder on the brain you would of realized how awesome of date this would of been. Not that you had much to compare it to, but it was definitely something that you would of loved, had you hadn't become an assassin.
"Thanks. I feel out of the loop when it comes to taking a gal on a date but.." He shrugged, hooking his head toward the vendors. Not exactly the direction you had wanted to go but, you might as well play along. Can't accidentally murder the man outright.
"I know what you mean, I haven't been on to many. Anyway, so what did you do today." You asked, knowing full and well he dodged a bullet by a cats hair.
"Took a walk around the city, worked out some with Steve, listened to two of my friends.." He seemed to roll the word on his tongue testing it out to see if it was the right word before continuing on. "Argue about which was better pancakes or waffles, then someone interjected crepes. Just another day really."
"So what was the final the decision?" You asked, looking at handcrafted jewelry on one of the tables. They were all so beautifully crafted, jasper, obsidian, agate, with simple wire wrapping. Some still had unfinished edges, others perfectly cabbed.
"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I snuck out after the first arrow was shot. Clint's got some pretty good aim, and pancakes are his absolute favorite. Nat likes to get him riled up and set him loose on Sam so.. who knows." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, stopping next to you while you continued to look over the assortment of rocks. You noticed that they had fashioned some of the obsidian into a very wicked blade and you were currently calculating how much you currently had on the card in your possession.
"Which are your favorites?" You asked absentmindedly.
"Personally, French toast. It was something my ma would make as a treat when us kids were good or on special occasions." He replied, he then turned his attention the attendant behind the table. "How much for the knife?"
"$35 sir." The tiny little red headed man replied while bagging up someone else purchase.
"Would you like it?" Bucky asked, looking back at you. You're eyes widen a bit in surprise, and for moment you were left speechless. "I can see you eyeballing it. It's absolutely stunning so I don't blame you."
"Bucky, you really don't have to." You told him, being genuine, maybe he was more observant then you had originally thought.
"It would be my pleasure." He smirked as he pulled his wallet out and handed the man some money. You faced Bucky as the knife was being safely packaged up for you.
"You know, you're a real sweetheart. Buying a gal a knife on a date like this."
"Just don't stab me with it, might not look to good." He jested back, taking the bag and handing it over to you.
"Heavens no, I wouldn't stab you with a knife you just bought me. I mean yeah, the irony of it would be quite funny but unfortunately there are multiple witnesses now." You responded with a chuckle, you hadn't actually thought about using the knife before he mentioned it. You knew obsidian when cut right could be sharper the surgical blades and leave thinner slice marks, and sure if things went south tonight and you couldn't actually kill him accidentally then it was a viable option.
"Personally if I was going to assassinate someone at a venue like this I would go for ax throwing." He chuckled and stopped himself, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. "Sorry, that was a bit morbid."
"It's all good, nothing wrong with a little dark humor. So why wouldn't you go for the arrows?" You asked innocently as the both of you walked through vendor booths.
"It would be harder to make it look like it wasn't done purposely. You would actively have to turn and face the person you would want to kill." He stated, keeping his eyes focused forward. Slowly you linked your arm around his, and leaned your head against his shoulder, might as well play up the fact that you weren't a threat and this was just a innocent conversation. That's exactly what you were doing, not because you caught a whiff of his cologne and he smelled absolutely amazing, and certainly not because he was handsome. "With the axe if you aim it just right and with right amount of force behind it you can have it rebounded off the target and hit whoever you were aiming for."
"I'll take your word for it." You stated, he was right, you hadn't thought about having to turn to him with the arrow. "You seem to know a lot about weapons."
     "Yeah, about that." He sighed and stopped, he turned to face you with a sober look on his face. "Let's go sit down and talk for a bit, I've got a lot to explain."