Chapter 14

Peter's POV 

Entering the kitchen area, I immediately found the source of the noise. Tony had dropped a glass cup onto the floor, spilling alcohol and ice everywhere. Steve was already starting to clean it up while Tony was sleeping with his head on the counter. The other Avengers were either shaking their heads, ignoring the situation entirely, or laughing their asses off to the side. What did they do?

"Stark challenged Bucky to a drinking contest." Wanda explained, reading off my confused expression and probably my confusion emotion in general.

Glancing over, I spotted Bucky sat next to a table full of empty shot glasses. He didn't look a single bit drunk. How is he not even a little drunk? That's crazy!

I squatted down next to Steve and started helping him pick up the glass, much to his horror.

"Thanks for the help, Peter, but you shouldn't have to help clean after us. You're the guest." He said in a gentle nervous voice. The others nodded in agreement, watching us. The guest? I have a small laugh.

"I'm an intern." I corrected with a smile as I stood up with a handful of glass. "Cleaning up and helping out is pretty much my job."

"It's too bad your boss is the one making the mess in the first place." Strange sighed, putting a hand over his eyes and shaking his head. I gave a weak smile as he began to half drag Tony out of the room. The cloak let go of me, patted me on the head, and left to help strange with his husband as I put the glass into the trash can.

Wait. What time is it? 

"Uhm. How long was I asleep?" I questioned, glancing around the room for a clock.

"It's only 4:32." Natasha said with a knowing look. "You were out for about an hour."

I nodded in thanks as I helped mop the alcohol off the floor. 4:30, huh? If the library closes at 6, then I'm okay on time for once.

Finishing up, I suddenly heard a loud shriek and hissing noise from across the kitchen. Looking up, I found Sam hiding behind Steve and Natasha while everyone else began to slowly back away from the far wall. They all began to hide behind Steve and Natasha, though Steve looked like he wanted to hide too.

"What's wrong?" I asked, extremely confused as to why they all looked terrified. Natasha only sighed and pointed to the far wall.

Walking over, I ignored everyone's warnings and cries for me to stay back. When I finally caught sight of what had made everyone so scared, I nearly died of a heart attack from the cuteness. Curled up on the floor against the wall was a orange cat, staring up at me.

"Oh my god, you're adorable!" I cooed squatting down next to it. I held out my hand toward it slowly to let it know I wanted to pet it, not wanting to get scratched and bit for invading its space right away.

The cat seemed to understand and didn't make a threatening move against me. Instead, it sat up so I could scratch under its chin. After a bit, I was able to pick it up and carry it in my arms as it purred and nuzzled against me. Turning back to the Avengers, I found them with stunned expressions on their faces, even Natasha.

"Uhmm...What?" I awkwardly asked, stroking the cat.

"How are you doing that? Goose never lets us even look at-" Clint was cut off by a sharp hiss from the cat in my arms when he had glanced down at it. I stared down at it in slight shock but shrugged it off quickly.

"Goose, huh? Who's cat is this?" I wondered aloud, placing the cat on the table so I could check the tag on the collar.

"That would be mine." A fairly deep voice answered from the kitchen entrance. I looked up to see a man wearing a black coat and eye patch walking into the room. Goose licked my hand with its rough tongue before hopping off the table and trotting over to the man.