Chapter 8

Peter's POV

Walking into school on Monday, I felt refreshed. After not going out yesterday as Spider-Man, I was able to take my much needed rest. However, my nerves soon began to act up when an announcement came from the intercom.

"Peter Benjamin Parker. Please report to the principal's office."

Nervousness flooded in. Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. What did I do? Did they find out I was Spider-Man? Are the police waiting to ambush me in the Office?

Walking into the office, I was relieved to see no police officers were in there. Hell, there was hardly anyone in there. It was only me, the principal standing outside her office, and the school's receptionist.

"Parker! I have great news for you!" The principal, Ms. T, called out with a bright, wrinkly smile.

And the news is...?

"I-I'm glad to hear?" I commented nervously.

Ms. T led me into her office, where we sat at opposite sides of her desk, and she gave me one of the warmest smiles I've ever seen. Okay, what the heck is going on, lady? You're starting to freak me out.

"Peter, you have been selected to be one of the interns in Stark Industries."

"NO WAY! REALLY!?" I screamed jumping out of my seat in blind excitement.

"Yes, but could you please keep your voice down? My hearing aids won't be able to help me with my old age much longer with your screams." She joked, pointing to her ears where two old looking hearing aids were plugged in. I smiled sheepishly and sat back down.

"Okay, Parker. Here is an envelope with your schedule and your entrance badge." Ms. T said, handing me a bright red envelope over the desk. "Make sure not to lose it, alright? Also, seeing as you will be skipping Fridays to attend, you will need to keep your grades up. If your grades falter by more than 10%, your internship will be suspended until they return to normal."

I nodded in understanding, a big smile on my face.

"Thank you so much, Ms. T!" I chirped happily.

She smiled at me one more time before allowing me to leave. Once I was free, I couldn't wait for the dismissal bell to ring so I could open the envelope, not wanting prying eyes to see what's inside.

"Hey, Penis Parker! It's time for your daily beating." An overly familiar voice echoed from behind me when I was walking to lunch. I internally groaned. Damn it. I was having such a good day today. Couldn't this wait for some other day?

I turned around to see Flash's fist going straight for my face. To my eyes, it appeared to be going in slow motion. My spidey senses were screaming at me to dodge and fight back. I ignored it and let Flash have his way with me until he left me as a bruised lump on the floor. This is sooo much fun. I sigh before picking myself up off the ground.

Time Skip to After School

After getting beat up and sitting painfully through classes, I sprung to life as soon as the final bell rang. FINALLY!! Today's been hellish after Flash. Running as fast as I could down the halls, I made my way out of the school and across town to the kids' schools. Their cheerful greetings when I picked them up lifted my spirits almost immediately.Taking them to the Orphanage, Medusa was luckily passed out on the couch, empty bottles surrounding her on the floor.

"Okay, Spiderling Club. Make sure to do homework. When I get back, I'll make everyone dinner, okay?" I told them as they settled into the boy's bedroom. They all nodded with smiles as I jumped out the window.