8

Agatha came to visit again the next day. She sat on the other side of Simon's bed to avoid sitting next to Baz.

"Stop that," Agatha said suddenly, glaring at the vampire across from her.

"Stop what?"

"Whatever you're doing!"

"I'm not doing anything, Wellbelove."

"You're always doing something."

"How do you know? You haven't been here for almost four years."

"Because I know you."

"What, we talked once in the Wavering Wood and all the sudden you know me? Right."

"You're plotting something."

"Yeah? Enlighten me, Agatha. What am I plotting?" Baz, as calm as ever, leaned back in his chair and crossed his legs. He wasn't actually calm. He wanted to scream at Agatha. How dare she disappear for four years, not even once contacting anyone, and then come back and act like she knows who Baz is.

"You- You're- You're probably going to kill Simon, right? Now that he's in a coma, he's defenseless!"

"Yes, Wellbelove. You caught me. I've been dating Simon for four years, I put myself through the torture of living with him for four extra years, just so I could hire Goblins to put him in a coma so I could kill him. You really are a bright one."

Agatha huffed and grabbed her purse off of the floor next to her chair, stomping out of the room.

"I see why you and her were together for so long, Snow. You're both paranoid and cranky," Baz tried to joke lightly, but he was frowning at Simon's unconscious form.

"I can't do this without you, Simon. All I have is you and Bunce and we both know she can't stand me for long. Or maybe I can't stand her. Please come back. Please," Baz whispered, his voice breaking.

"Great, now I'm crying. You hear that, Snow? I'm crying over you. Fuck. Fuck this. Come back."