hateful

hateful |

[ N A L U ] ❝  just let it be.  ❞

---

x contains suicidal actions, and/or thoughts
x profane language
x strong case of the feels

00 |

A girl once loved the rain. Laying on her dark gray raincoat, she allowed herself to soak in the sky's tears. Her eyes were shut, and her mouth was formed into a thin line.

Crystal tears fell from the corners of her eyes, though she hadn't known, thinking it was only the cold raindrops. However, there was a difference between raindrops and teardrops in a storm.

The sky rumbled, and a flash of light boomed through the sky, before disappearing.

The girl knew she was crying, because the crystal, salty droplets of water that escaped from her eyes was warm. It burned against her skin, while the raindrops sent her into a sensation she couldn't quite understand.

"It's okay

even the sky cries sometimes."

Her mothers voice echoed in her head. Her mother had loved the rain, also. They'd do the same thing in every storm; Walk out into the fields, pull off their raincoats and lay on them in the muddy grass.

It was an odd, yet soothing procedure. After her mother's death, the blonde rarely went out. Locking herself in a cold dark room.

It felt as if everyday, it was raining. It only brought dread to the blonde.

"Let the rain wash away

all the pain of yesterday."

So that's what she did. She went outside in the rain, for the first time in three years, and began the procedure.

Thunder roared in the sky, more so than all of the other storms. Strikes of lightning hit the ground around her, though the blonde didn't mind.

She had missed this feeling. The feeling of being free.

She had broken out of her cage she locked herself into. Only then, was she truly happy.

Thoughts raced around in her brain, memories jumbling everything up in the process.

Footsteps splashing in the muddy grassland was heard from afar.

"Hey, you shouldn't be out here in this storm." The blonde cocked open an eye. "You could catch a cold."

Furrowing her eyebrow, she sat up. "And who might you be?"

The man cleared his throat. "It doesn't matter. Here." Handing the blonde and umbrella and a coat, he began to walk off, leaving her flabbergasted.

He stopped, waved, and called out, "Stay safe." Before he disappeared, never to be seen again.

The last thing the girl had remembered of him, was his pink, spiky hair, and big onyx eyes.

But that was four years ago, to today. Lucy had forgotten all about the memorable event.

note | welcome to my new book, hateful! (:

01 |☽

She wanted out.

Head against the cold window pane, she scratched at her wrists while she watched trees and houses zoom by. She and her father were sitting in an awkward silence in a overheated mini-van. Letting out a sigh, she sat up properly and looked to the bulky-ish man.

"I could have drove myself, you know." He turned to her and glared. "Who knows where you would have gone. The last time I allowed you to drive, you almost drove off a bridge!" She groaned and picked at her wrists, aching to bleed at that moment.