Home

06:00 - the alarm from my clock finally broke up the passing of time and the shed of tears. I opened my windows and the sun was beginning to rise as the thicc July air wound it's way through to my bedroom.

I knew by now my parents would be awake and preparing for breakfast. As I thought about them each passing second, I missed them, I yearned for them, I needed them.

I phoned home. It was answered quickly. It was my mother. Her soften voice soothes me, calming me down. She somehow knew that I'd been upset. Was my voice still shaking, croaking, whimpering?

   "Elio, why are you upset, mi amore"
   "Nothing. Just tired." - am I still a bad liar? I wonder is she can see straight through it.
   "Hmm. Okay. How are you?" - I guess not.
   "Fine. I just. I miss you. I- I'm lonely. I want to see you."
   "Elio" I could hear the pity in her voice. She knew of my sorrow. She know of my anguish, She knew it all, "don't say that. You're happy in England. And if you need to, you can always come home whenever. It's safe."

I talked for a bit longer but quickly made excuses of why I needed to hang up. I didn't need to really. It's rather that I could think of home any longer. The idea wasn't tangible anyway. If I was to go back, Oliver's ghost would be there. It'd lurk the pool, it'd smack its lips after drinking fresh apricot juice, it'd place it's foot on my leg at lunch. His heaven was now haunted.

After university, I'd moved to England to teach classics. The mysteries of the past enticed my thoughts, distracting me from my pain. I taught at a school in Cornwall, I lived in a little village on the north coast. 

I'd hoped that this escape away from Italy would heal me, but it seemed like a escape showed itself to be a friend wearing a disguise. A trap planted to savage me once more. What seemed like freedom actually lured me into a cage where myself and my emotions were stuck, available for all to see and to mock.

As time passed I thought and lulled I get the possibility of going home. Would his presence be gone by now? It was nearly the summer holidays so id be able to spend the summer there. I'd be the summer guest now.

Yes. I will. I'll leave next friday. Friday 20th.

Excitement. This is the first feeling except pain and sadness I've felt in a long time.

I'm sorry for this chapter, the story really starts next chapter. This was just still kind of bringing us up to date, a little back sorry.

This chapter is badly written but - I just needed to get it written. I'll try and make the next one more enjoyable and with more action. Things are planned to get more exciting.