C5

"It was that bad?" Evan says, kicking a rock down the road.

Well, how did it go with your parents?

"Actually they took it well, they told they were upset that I hid it from them, But that they just want me to be happy." He explains.

We stopped at a lake and sat down at the pier.

I don't know what's going to happen.

My alarm sounded, letting me know I had four minutes to be home.

I have to go.

I stood up and kissed his lips.

I'll see you later.

I ran down the empty suburban streets back to my house. I stood at the front door staring at the doorknob.

Here we go.

I opened it and to my suprise my mother and father greeted me.

"Adam. We've done a lot of thinking and- your our son. We love you." He explains, hugging me.

Does that mean your not mad?

"I don't see anyway we can have you under our roof while your the way you are." My father says.

"We want you to attend a camp for a year."

A camp? It's October?

"Not that kind of camp. It's a camp for kids with your illness." He says.

Illness? Are you talking about conversion therapy?!

"It's just for a little while. We don't see a way for you to live under this roof unless you go." My mother says, tapping my leg.

What?! No!

"We called the camp and they agreed to pick you up tomorrow at the church." He exclaims.

My heart began beating so loud I was afraid they could hear it.

No. No. No! You guys can't do that to me!

I ran up to my room and grabbed my E-Box, before bursting out of the house and sprinting back down towards the pier.

Tears exploded from my eyes.

I ran to Evan nearly giving him a heart attack.

Evan!

"Adam, what's wrong?" He says, hugging me.

My parents arranged for me to be sent to a conversion camp tomorrow morning.

"What? No."

He pulled me into a hug and I sobbed into his shoulder.

I don't want to go. Evan please. I don't want to go.

Here. I pulled away and handed him the E-Box. A Box packed full of pictures of him and I, a souvenir from our first date, and a pride flag.

Tomorrow. After I'm gone, I want you to bury it. We aren't sick. God made us this way. I'm not going to forget that.

"What are you going to do?"

I don't know. Should I run away? No. I can't do that.

Meet me tonight. In my room.

I kissed his forehead and ran away, leaving him holding the E-Box.