Chapter 18: Anything can happen in a lift

Start from the beginning

“Alright, but since you want to.” I grin.

I pick out a white shirt with a black collar and flowy sleeves, a denim shirt and lastly a cute petal-green see through shirt, with no sleeves.

“There I picked three shirts, are you happy now?” I smile as I show him the shirts.

“Yeah, are you sure they’re your size?” He asks me.

“Yeah, if not I could just come and change them.” I shrug.

He nods and takes my shirts and goes over to the cashier. I listen carefully as she says the price.

“Seventy pounds and ninety eight cents.” She said in a bored tone.

I gasped. I fiddle in my bag trying to find my purse.

“Relax Claire. I got this.” Harry motioned.

He took out four twenty pounds note and handed them to the cashier.

“That’s a lot of money Harry, let me pay you back. Please.” I plead as we head out of the shop the bag in his hand.

“Claire, stop worrying about money, it’s fine, it’s not like I’m poor.” He chuckled.

“Thanks anyway.” I smile.

“You’re welcome.” He grinned.

We looked around for another shop to go in, but I realize that I haven’t eaten since breakfast.

“How about we go to the doughnuts shop?” I ask him craving for a good tasty doughnut.

“Sure, let’s go.”

We silently take the escalators.

I’m glad that ever since he walked into my apartment this morning, we didn’t argue or fight, instead we’re friends. We’re sort of like old friends. We’re just having fun together, talking and laughing like we’ve known each other forever, like we never drifted apart. This is an amazing feeling. I haven’t felt this close to Harry, in a long while and if I’m being honest, I’ve never been this happy to hang out with a boy.

“Oh my gosh.” I hear a high pitched voice.

“Be cool.” Harry whispered.

“Hi Harry, I’m a big fan.” A blonde girl with really long hair exclaimed as she looked at Harry.

“That’s sweet.”  Harry grinned.

“Could I possibly get a photo, like please?” She asked him pleading.

“Yeah sure. Claire can you take us a photo?” He looked at me winking.

The girl looked from Harry to me, then back to Harry.

“Oh my god, thank you so much!” She smiled widely.

She handed me the phone and I examined her iPhone as Harry leaned in and slid his arms around her waist. She looks like she’s going to explode with happiness.

“Say cheese!” I grin.

They  both give me a smile , and I snap the photo. I hand the girl her phone back and she grins happily.

“Thank you so much!”

“It’s cool.” Harry grinned.

“Hey, aren’t you that girl? Sorry, I mean the one that dated Harry once?” She asked me.

Well, she just ruined the moment.

 I fake a smile, "Yes, yes I am."

"You're so lucky." She smiled.