Chapter One

I find that people are easy to manipulate. Sometimes I think that I might be a psychopath. I've read up on articles, and I ended up concluding that I am one. Though I still care about people and want to help, but I have no remorse for the people I've hurt.
    That's off topic.
    People are usually pathetic in the time of need, which is all the time. That's why things such as religion exist; they give people something to hold onto or else they go mad. I found that the former political leaders would often lie to get what they want, but it's so counterproductive. Lying will just lead to high expectations that will lead to you getting overthrown. Rather, coerce people into thinking your ideas were their ideas and that you're just supporting them. Make them believe that they want a dictatorship. Make them believe that they want change.
    On the first day of office, people were practically throwing themselves at my feet. Many of them were crying and praising me, and I could only smile and gently talk to them; giving them false comfort. There were people in the back, however, who were opposed to me as a person. That's fine. As long as they stayed in their place then it was none of my concern.
    It took a year or so to finish Doyen's Manor, and the "people" so graciously put it in Town Square. To rebuild the Province, it took five years to put most of the things back together. All the citizens helped, and I was extremely grateful. Of course, I thank them with my biggest smile and kiss all the children on the top of their heads. Their mothers beam at the gesture, filled with honor. The fathers hold their heads up proudly.
I thank the families that decided to have at least one child. Since we lost so many people in the war, I found it best to encourage the citizens to help repopulate the Province. My citizens are fairly young, with most of them being just a little above 18. The war required a draft and killed off most of the citizens in their 20s and 30s. Now my Province are filled young parents and little ones.
    I glide into my manor gracefully when the crowd dies down, closing the door abruptly and slumping to the ground. My maids instantly come by my side and pick me up, dragging me to my bedchamber. I quickly undress and collapse onto my bed.
    Everyone says I'm too young to be running an entire country. People said that Sebastian Kurz (age 31 at the time) was too young to be Chancellor of Austria, but he turned out fine. Frankly, I find the "oldies" immature to use age as a measure of intelligence. I took care of them, however.
    Sometimes I feel like being Doyen is too much for me to handle. Maybe it's not being Doyen but rather the fact that I have eyes on me at all times. Citizens look up to me to guide them. They're all broken and lost. They're yearning for a leader, for a sign of hope. Everything they loved has been destroyed by the dumb war. They need me; really they do.
    But I need someone too.
    I get up and run straight to my office. I open my laptop and type furiously.

    To anyone in Province
I am looking for an Adviser. If you think you are qualified, send in your resume. Anyone I think  seems fit will be called in for an interview. Attach your resume and any other redeeming paperwork below. Thank you for your help. You are the reason why Province is thriving.
Adeline Allerton

    In less than five minutes, someone already sent something in.

Madam Doyen,
I am looking forward to our interview.
Demetri Le'blanc

Game on, Mr. Le'blanc. Game on.