Part XXVIII - Let me Down?

Depuis le début

- I'm sorry... I said with a trembling voice.

All Might patted my back with one of his bony hands.

- No... I am sorry, young Midoriya. It was my job to take care of you, I promised your mother I would help you, but I... I messed up and this is all my fault. Don't blame yourself, kid.

I looked up to his face.

He smiled gently.

Guilt washed over me.

Even if this man was a hero, this man had helped me. He helped me up when no one would and made me strong. He was the reason I had this quirk.

And, like a fool, I had left him.

Even if I don't agree with the heroes, nor do I agree with villains, I couldn't ignore this. It would be purely selfish.

- Young Midoriya?

He snapped me out of my thoughts. I pulled away from his hug and regained my composure.

- Yes? I answered.
- Would you mind... visiting your mother as soon as possible?

I widened my eyes as I put a hand on my forehead.

- Oh my god... mom...

All Might looked at me with pity.

- Her mental state isn't in the best condition... she became extremely depressed after your...

He looked down.

- I fear that it might be too late...

My heart dropped as I heard those words.

It could only mean one thing.

From this point now on, my feet acted on their owns, followed by my heart.

I ran down the corridors, taking sharp turns left and right. When I got out the front doors and out the gates, I activated Full Cowl.

I jumped on a roof and ran for my life. Or for her life.

Tears were streaming down my face as the wind blowed my hair backwards.

I jumped and ran, jumped and ran.

When I saw the apartment building, I ran in and sped up the stairs up to out apartment.

I knocked harshly on the door.

1 second, 2 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds...

No one answered. I knew she was there because I could hear the television was on.

30 seconds had passed and no one answered.

- MOM! MOM PLEASE!

I shouted as loud as I could as I banged on the door.

I heard distant quiet mutters inside the room, something along the lines of "no, no, no, this is a dream, this isn't real..."

I couldn't wait anymore and kicked the door down.

The view horrifed me.

[Warning: Suicide trigger. If you do not wish to not read this, scroll until you reach the next bold sentence.]

My mom was standing in the middle of the living room, a knife pointing at her heart. When I barged in, she didn't even flinch nor move.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

- Mom, don't do this please...

She didn't move.

- Mom! Look at me please! I'm here! I-

Her eyes widened.

- I'm alive mom! I'm not dead!

Her head slowly turned towards me as her mouth opened in shock.

- Izu...ku?
- Yes mom... now please give me the knife...

I approached her slowly.

- Mom, please....

She suddenly pressed it against her skin and let it fall to the floor after.

- MOM!

I quickly grabbed the knife on the floor before throwing it into a wall behind me.

I catched her just before she could fall.

- I'm sorry Izuku! I didn't mean to do it!

[Trigger ends here.]

She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly.

- My little Izuku! I missed you so much! This is a miracle!

I hugged her back.

- Promise me you'll never try this again mom...

She looked up at me as she stood up straight again and smiled.

- And promise to never scare me again, Izuku!

I chuckled lightly.

- I promise.

[I usually try to avoid the suicide "option" in my stories so sorry if it offended you in any ways. But I wasn't going to just let Mama Midoriya die :) ]