merry chistmas, baby // stevepop

"Steven Jacob Randle get your ass up or I'm gonna drag you out!" I heard Soda yell, then I felt a pillow hit the side of my head harshly. It had been the fourth time he had came in to try and wake me up. It happened to be Christmas Day, too, but I wasn't having it. I was one of those people who needed my sleep. It was very precious to me. I only groaned and grabbed the pillow he threw at me, and tucked it under my head for more comfort.

"Steeevvveee come on!!" Soda whined, and I felt him get on top of me and hug me tightly and I whined myself. "Don't you know it's Christmas and your boyfriend wants to see your face once and a while?!" He said, and I rolled my eyes. "Can't my boyfriend waiittt," I mumbled, and he laughed against my head. "No he can't," he said, and I reached my hand up and held onto his arm. "You can get off of me now, ya know," I said, and he shrugged. "Are you gonna get up?" He asked, and I laughed. "Yes, I'll get up." "Promise?" "I promise." He gave my cheek a small quick peck and got off of me finally.

He fell beside me, and faced me. "You said you would," he said, and I laughed. "How old are you?" I asked, sarcastically. "18 and 3 months." The answered, and I laughed at him. I gave him a kiss on his lips, and I finally sat up. I got a shirt from the floor since I don't sleep with one on. He still dragged me out of that room even though I was cooperating. He grabbed onto my hand and pulled me out.

"Damn Curtis, hows you manage to get him up?" Twobit asked, and Soda shrugged. "Must be some magical superpower I don't know." He joked, then pecked my lips quickly. I dragged my feet over to the couch, and pulled Soda to sit with me. He sat in the floor in between my legs, and the rest of the gang sat elsewhere. I was smiling to myself thinking about the look on Soda's face when he's gonna open my gift to him...

Everyone knew what it was, it was gonna be a ring. An engagement ring, I asked Darry for permission and he said it was okay. I knew that both of us were young, Soda had just turned 18, but I also knew that there would be nobody else. It needed to be him. We also already lived on our own, so moving in together wasn't much of a big deal. I assume that after starting our life together, we would move out of a crammed apartment eventually, but right now I love our little place.

Everyone opened their gifts, we didn't go one by one like lots of people do, we just went at our own speed. When I got to opening what Soda got me, and faced me and rested his head on my knee. It was really cute what he got me. He took a polaroid of our interlocked hands we took on our first date. He taped it onto a price of paper and wrote a huge rant on why he loves me. He framed it and he also added our anniversary date on the bottom. Not only that, but he also got me a watch, which looked expensive. Once I was done opening everything, he pushed himself up by putting his hands on my knees. "Do you loovveee it?" He asked, grinning, and I just looked at him.

I wrapped Both arms around his waist and pulled him in close so he was sitting on my lap. "Yes yes yes yes yes!" I said, and he laughed and kissed me delicately. I thought it was so sweet and cute everything he did for me. I pulled him to sit on my lap with his back facing my chest, and my arms still wrapped around his waist. I didn't just get him the ring, I also got him something else. I got him a price of paper that confirmed my purchase for a tattoo. Soda had been talking about getting one once he turned 18, so I wanted to be the one to buy him it. I had a few tattoos, but not too many. I have my Eagle on my shoulder, a blade on the side of my middle finger and some roses on my ankle.

Since both gifts were small, I thought I would make up a bullshit gag saying how money had gotten right this year and that I was sorry I couldn't get much and everything. I passed him the tattoo certificate first, which I wrapped up in a tiny box and gave it to him. He smiled at me intrigued, and I watched him open it. His jaw dropped and a grin appeared on his face. "Stevie! Oh my god you remembered!" He exclaimed, and I laughed a little. "Of course I did," I said, and kissed his cheek. "Thank you thank you thank you!" He reached his arm back and wrapped it around my shoulders. I smiled and pecked his lips quickly, alright, this is it.

"Hey, you wanna turn around for me for a sec?" I said, and he turned so he was still on my lap and facing me. "I'm sorry and I know you probably spent more than I did on everything, but money got a little tighter this year," I rambled on, and I looked up behind him at a few members of the gang. "Come on! Being with you is good enough! Waking up next to you is like Christmas morning every day! I don't need a gift that's specially expensive, I've got you!"
His answer sounded so sincere, and it made me feel a little and for basically lying to him saying I didn't get much. He started picking at the paper on the small box. "And whatever you got, I'm sure I'll love it anyways," he said, ans he looked at me while taking the paper off completely.

The closer he got to the actual box, the happier I got. He pulled the lid off the box, and took out the small one inside of it. It had the jeweller's company name on the top, so when he looked he was a bit confused. He looked at me, smiling a little curiously, and I just raised my eyebrows at him. He opened up the small royal blue box, and gasped. I looked to see Pony recording the thing with his phone and so was Johnny. "I-it's a ring," he said, quietly, and I bit my bottom lip softly. "Oh yeah?" I said, and grinned at him. "Steve, are you..." I smiled at him. "Sodapop Curtis." I started, and I saw a brim of tears in his eyes.

"Will you spend your life with me, hm?" I asked, coolly. He looked at me, and wrapped both his arms tightly around my neck. "Take that as a yes," Darry said, and I could hear Soda laugh a little. He pulled away after a little while, and stared at me. "Yes, yes, I love you it's a yes!" He exclaimed, and I could hear the gang Awe in the background. I took his hand and pulled the ring out of the box. His hand was shaking but I think mine was worse. "Steve it's beautiful," he said, and he finally pressed his lips onto mine, filling both of us up with passion and happiness.

the ring ^^ uWU

the ring ^^ uWU