grad day // dallyboy

In Dally's pov
I arrive to the Curtis house, already ready. A suit and tone wasn't my kind of thing, but I was kind of forced to. Especially if we were gonna take pictures, Darry forced me to look nice. I walk in and the whole gang was already there. They were all dressed nice too, even Twobit looked nice. "Damn Dally, is Pony gonna nut or what?" Soda said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah yeah, whatever," I mumbled, and put my little gift I got for him on the counter along with my keys. "Where did you even get a suit like that? Stolen?" I glared at Twobit and rolled my eyes. "You know what? Maybe I just have suits for when I need to look nice, ever thought of that?" He shrugged. "No," he said, and we all chuckled softly. I was wearing a dark navy blue suit jacket with a white shirt underneath it. The shirt was just a undershirt/T-shirt, it wasn't anything fancy, but it worked. That shirt was tucked into some navy blue dress pants and I had black dress shoes. I took the shoes from the old man.

We sat there for a little bit chatting. "Where's the kid?" I asked Johnny, and he pointed to his room. "You know he is graduating, he's not exactly a kid anymore let alone yours." Soda said, and I chuckled. "What would you rather? Hot stuff? Doll face? Nice ass? Really, I'd love to take suggestions," I say, smiling and walking away. Darry just kind of looked at me with a look that read you better not be calling him that

I walked up to his room after picking up the gift I got him. I held it in my hands, and stood in front of his closed door. I knocked with my knuckle, but he didn't come and open, he only called, "it's open," giving me the invitation to come into his room. I opened up the door, and he was buttoning up his shirt in front of the mirror. "Fuck," he hissed, unbuttoning all of them. I kind of laughed as I closed the door. I saw what he had done, he was off by a few of the buttons so one side was longer than the other. I put the small box into the inner pocket of my jacket, and walked up in front of him, and unbuttoned each one.

"The trick is to start at the top," I said as I did this, and he laughed a little. I helped him button his shirt, and then adjusted it. "You look beautiful," I mumbled, looking a t him. He wasn't even fully dressed yet, but in my eyes he was always beautiful. "I'm not even done yet," he laughed, and I shrugged. "Still are," I said, and he grinned at me. "You're not so bad yourself," he said, holding onto my jacket a little. I just smiled at him, then kissed his cheek. "Let's get your tie on," I said, reaching for his burgundy tie sitting on the back of his chair. I wrapped it around the back of his neck, and started to tie it.

"I think Darry's gonna cry like a baby," I said, and we both laughed. "No kidding, I think both Soda and Darry will," he said and I chuckled. "You're gonna look great up there," I said, and he smiled up at me. "I sure do hope so," he said, and I chuckled. I tightened his tie to as far up as it would go without being uncomfortable. I put his collar down, and then grabbed his jacket off the handle of his closet. "Arms in," he put both arms into it, and pulled it on. I turned him around to face the mirror again, and I looked at him in admiration.

I stood behind him and rested my head on his shoulder while I placed both hands on his shoulders. His hand went over one of mine and lifted up my arm so He could stand in front of me and face me. Still holding onto my hand, he smiled up at me and got closer. I grinned at him, and wrapped my arm around his waist. His other arm then went to rest on the back of my neck. We both mutually leaned in and kissed sweetly and lovingly. We both pulled away, "wow," I said, looking at the ceiling, and he laughed into my chest. "Hey, I've got something for you," I said, reaching into my pocket. "What? No, Dal, I told you I didn't want any gifts!" He complained, seeing the box in my hands already.

"If it makes you feel any better I stole one of them," I said with a happy smile. "One of them?" He asked, as I placed the box in his hands. "Yes. One of them. Meaning one out of two. Now open it," I said, I was clearly excited about it. He opened it anyways, and took the lid off and set it down on the table. He picked up the black velvety bag first, opening what was inside. He smiled wide seeing it. "Wait Dal! It's like actually pretty!" He said happily. I got with a little chained bracelet for him he could wear at his grad. It was simple, but it still looked exquisite and nice. I gave it to me to clip on, and he looked down. It did go really nice with his suit.

"Okay, next," I said, passing him the second box. He opened it while looking at me, but once he looked down, he gasped and ran his small thumb over the face. I got him his dads watch—with Darry's permission— but I added a few things to it. It wasn't a lot, but I added a few diamonds around the face, and I got it engraved underneath it. This one I was excited about.

"Dal its, it's his," he said, looking like there were almost tears in his eyes from it. I knew he was close to both his parents, he'll have the occasional meltdown or nightmare about them, I wanted to give him something special. Especially since they won't be there physically to see this, I wanted to make sure he had a peice of them. I also used the diamonds from his mom's earrings. "See these, those are from her earring she used to always wear," I said, and he looked at me like I was Santa or something. "Th-Thank you so much, I love it," he stuttered in a whisper as he hugged me real tight. "I love you so much," he said to me quietly, and I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist. "I love ya too, kid," I said back, and then he pulled apart.

He closed his eyes for a little and put his fingers along his waterline. "Give me your wrist," I said, grabbing into his hands. I put it on him just under the chain, and he looked down at it in admiration. "It's beautiful, Dallas," he whispered, and I put my hand up to his cheek and wiped a little tear on his cheek. "Don't get all choked up now, it's your grad day for Christ's sake! Come on, we should be out celebrating don't you think?" I said enthusiastically. He was the only person I spoke like that too. I wasn't scared of what he was gonna say.

"Alright, dummy," he laughed, and grabbed onto my hand, pulling me out. We both laughed, and met with the gang. "Damn Pony, Alright, I see," Twobit said, looking at his suit and tie. "Enjoy it while it lasts." He mumbled, and I kissed his temple, wrapping my arm around him. "Hey Darry, Where's my gown again?" He asked, looking at his older brother, "already in the car." He said, and Pony nodded. "What about my gown, Darrel?" Twobit said jokingly, talking feminine. "Oh darling, isn't it hanging up in your closet, Princess?" He said back, and Twobit still went along with it. "Oh silly me, must've forgot it there from my prom!" He said, and we all cracked up.

-

I was sitting next to Soda on one side and on the other was Twobit. They had already walked in, and now they were doing the introductions. We had been patiently waiting for a good 10 minutes. Finally, I heard his name and we all immediately looked up and payed attention. "Ponyboy Curtis, this student not only was on the track team all four years of high school, but also got immensely good grades as well. Congratulations and good luck to Mr. Ponyboy Curtis." The principal spoke, and we all clapped. We were sitting in the very back row, and we all stood up as we clapped. Some of us cheered. "That's right Curtis!" Twobit yelled, and then Soda chimed in. "That's my baby brother!" I saw him look over and just laugh at us.

He finished going up, and we were forced to watch everyone walk across the stage. It didn't take that long, though, it was over before we knew it. They were dismissed and were able to go outside now. Outside would be where they get food, pictures and where they would throw their caps and stuff. He came up to us first, and he fixed his hair a little since it got wrecked from the graduation cap he wore.

Darry Hughes his tightly first. I could see in his eyes he was so happy for his brother, after all, he dropped everything for this one very moment. He was happy, he was so happy. He walked up to me next before taking his gown off completely, leaving him in his suit. "Well look at you," I said, and he just laughed into his hand. "Come here," I mumbled, and wrapped my arms around his waist and his went on my chest. He both grinned before he kissed me, and the whole gang stood and watched that. I'm pretty sure Soda recorded it too. "Awe," they all said longingly, and we pulled away to look at them.

"You guys are so dumb," I mumbled, and Pony laughed at me. "Come on, let's go outside, I'm forcing all of you to take pictures," Darry said, and we all groaned and complained but we all laughed it off.