Chapter 7: Waiting Day and Night

He sat on the chair gently stroking her hand. Waiting for a sign. His hair was a mess and he's been waiting for hours now. He was dead tired and she was lying on the bed unconscious and unresponsive. He was anxious and wanting to sleep for a moment. The only thing that was on his mind was her. The girl the lays on the bed. Everything about her made his mind swirl and make his heart race.

He waited for her and waited each moment he wish more for her to do something, scream, anything. "Please, come back to me, Erica please. Don't leave me here. I can't do anyhting without you." He said to her. "I need you."

She heard a voice but muffled all she saw was inky blackness for miles. But it felt more closed in than it should have been. Erica stretched out her arms and felt a cool surface on her hands. She moved her hands around and felt a door knob. She turned it and light flooded in from a crack. She opened it wider and light blinded her eyes. She squinted her eyes and looked straight in the light.

As Erica walked out the door she heard the voice again but it was still muffled.

She walked deeper into the glowing light only to find the light dimming into the light in a room, she turned around and behind her was a wall, no door.

Erica stared at the wall in complete confusion. Where did the door go? She turned back around and saw a large, black screen and stared straight into and nothing appeared. A chair was behind her and she felt frustrated.  "Was this chair here before?" She asked herself. She sat in the chair and thought to herself when the screen suddenly flicked on.

  She tried to get up but she had no control of her limbs, all she could do was stare at the screen.

  Newt, held her hand even tighter. He looked at her, she didn't move it was like she wasn't breathing. Newt held his breath and put his head to her chest and heard a light thumping. She was alive. The door opened and in walked Alby. "Newt, you gotta get some rest. I keep watch of her." Too tired to respond, he shook his head and stood up wearily.

  Alby patted Newt on the back and opened the door and walked out after him. Newt walked in to the room next door and layed down on the bed. The pillow was soft and comfortable, he could hardly stay awake any longer and his eyes grew heavy. And within a matter of seconds. He was asleep.