Prologue

He hated himself for it. For just staying there and letting what happened, happened. She stood next him, her eyes sad, and her black hair neatly straight. She was sad even though she had seen this multiple times. With Alby, Newt, Minho.

  He stood there and watched, he watched at she layed there lifelessly on the operating table, her breathing soft and at a regular pace. Doctors and nurses surrounded her and placed a mask on her face and hisses and click and clacks came, and her hands twitched at her sides but then she stopped and calmed. Wires decended and burrowed there ways through her ears and wiped away everything she knew.

  He stood there and watched, hating himself more and more for doing nothing. He just watched. She tooked his hand and held it, and spoke in his mind.

  We're doing this for the best, Thomas. Don't worry. They will find a cure. He cherished those words, but somehow he didn't believe, he squeezed her hand and spoke back. Yeah, I know, but Teresa I wish we didn't have to this.

  So do I.

  It took a long while but then the nurses removed the mask from her face and her face was red with lines from where it had rested.

  Guards came and picked up her limp body, put it down on a gurney and rolled her away. Thomas followed, wanting to see his friend one more time. He knew where they were taking her, he followed them to the end of a hallway and down an elevator and to a room were the box was waiting, it was a few stories up to the Maze.

  The guards picked her up and dragged her to the entrance, after a while they managed to get her in and they dropped her. The doors closed and a loud scraping sound came and the Box, decended up with her in it.

  With Erica in it.