"Not even you have enough books to fill up all those shelves-"

"Yet."

"Ok, yes, yet. So we can have some little statues and sculptures. Those cute ones from the thrift market that young guy makes."

"I like it. What about the living room, we need to choose a couch." he kisses my shoulder and I take a second to savour his lips on my skin before wriggling out of his arms, taking the trolley and pushing it.

"The living room will be based around the sofa, so tomorrow we should go and have a look at those." I chew at the inside of my lip. My brain begins to work over time. "The kitchen just needs appliances and accessories, as does the bathroom. Our room is important. I thought we could push the bed against the wall opposite the balcony, and that wall will have wallpaper and the rest will be painted, probably white. Are you listening to me?"

When I turn back he hasn't moved from where he was standing, I catch him staring at my bum. He rushes forward, giving it a little squeeze. I yelp and jump. He laughs, taking the trolley from me.

"Yes, I was listening, kitchen and bathroom no priority, bedroom is important, white walls and wallpaper on bed wall."

"Something like that."

"I'm sorry, your butt just looks wonderful."

I blush despite myself. He just winks at me before strolling off towards the light and lamp section. I can't stop the smile on my face, his complete boyishness with me is something to behold. I walk over to join him, as I approach I swat his ass. He jumps in surprise.

"I'm sorry, it just looked wonderful." I grin.

=

"Can you do the tall bits please?" I call to Spencer, who is moving the boxes of books into the library, now the second coat of paint is dry. I've sanded and repainted nearly every part of the porch but the top parts. He comes out the front door and laughs as he see's me standing on my tip-toes, still a good foot off the top. He leans over, taking the brush from me, he paints the parts I can't reach with ease. I take a moment to appreciate Spencer being domestic, he's wearing an old pair of jeans, faded and covered in paint. He also wears a white t-shirt with the Dark Side of the Moon symbol on the front. He's gone a while without a haircut, his hair falling past his ears. I want to run my fingers through it.

I stop myself, stealing one more glance at him before going to the books. I begin to sort them into alphabetical order, knowing not even to try and put them on the high shelves. Spencer wants to buy one of those rolling library ladders. I quite like that idea. I close my eyes for a second and think of us when our home is done. I can't stop the grin that spreads across my face.

"What are you thinking about?" Spencer's voice makes me jump, breaking y concentration.

"Nothing, can you start to put these on the shelves please?" I motion at the piles of books, I'd already gotten to J.

"Are these alphabetised?"

"Yeah, they are, did you finish the porch?"

"I did."

"Good boy." I see his head snap around as I say that, I let out a laugh at the look on his face.

The books are done with surprising swiftness, I strategically place the little sculptures made by a young boy and his brother. They are wonderful. I bought three: a small tree with white blossoms made completely with wire, a white elephant sculpture chiseled from a rough rock, intricately detailed with green pieces of cut glass that they had embedded in some how and finally a wood carving of Buddha from a block of ebony wood. I place them on the spaces I'd left, along with picture frames filled with images of me and Spencer, our friends and both our families. I think back to Spencer's laugh of disbelief as I showed him all the pictures I'd printed out to frame.