WattBlog #8 - Wowowow I Suck at This

I just looked through my last couple posts and discovered I haven't posted in two years, so let's try this whole journal thing again *dusts cobwebs off* Oh dang, that's dusty, sorry about that.

Okay so one of the reasons I haven't been able to do this as often as I like, and the main reason, is because of my dear sweet Smol Child, who is now 1 years old (15 months to be exact) he is at the stage where he's completely adorable, but also running around like a tiny hellion, and if you don't watch him every second of every day, he's stuffing the phone charger into his mouth, or decorating the kitchen with that super expensive organic granola you just bought, or attempting to see how many grapes you can stuff into a DVD player before it dies a horrible, sticky death. So, let's just say that Smol Child keeps me busy, bless his tiny, destructive heart.

The other reason I haven't been able to write on Wattpad as much as I might like, is because I've gone to writing full time, but that means full time on projects that are going on bookshelves in stores, which is super exciting, but once you write full time, five days per week, eight hours per day, you aren't inclined to do much extra writing outside of that. Basically I pick up Smol Child from daycare, drive us home, put him to bed after dinner and slump onto the couch and watch six episodes of Lucifer or Jane the Virgin and let the contents of my skull slowly dribble out my left ear because OMG my brain is fried by that time.

That said, I do have a few manuscript lying around that I'm thinking of uploading to Wattpad a chapter at a time, one in particular that I really love because it has a MAGIC SCHOOL (ugh, you guys, I just want all the magical schools) buuuuut, I'll...

That said, I do have a few manuscript lying around that I'm thinking of uploading to Wattpad a chapter at a time, one in particular that I really love because it has a MAGIC SCHOOL (ugh, you guys, I just want all the magical schools) buuuuut, I'll have to get the OK from my literary agent before I just stick it up there, because that sort of thing can make for sticky situations with future contracts and whatnot.

In any case, I'm going to try to update this thing more with my rambling, and so you'll at least be able to take a peek into what life is like for a published author, which may be amusing at the very least, or perhaps informative if I actually manage to put my thoughts together in a way that actually makes sense. We shall see.

I'll do an update right after this one, as I just got back from a VERY cool literary festival in Toronto, as The Strange and Deadly Portraits of Bryony Gray was nominated by the Forest of Reading (through the OLA: Ontario Library Association) for the Red Maple Fiction Award, and it was loads of fun!

More soon!

X0X0.

E.