Before Malcolm could reply, there was a knock on the door. The interruption caught their attention as they glanced at each other and then the door.

"Malcolm, there's some lady who wants to talk to you." Sarai, the employee informed him.

Malcolm reclined in the chair and let out a sigh. He didn't feel like talking to nobody. Besides, he didn't even know who the girl was.

"Tell her to come back another time—I'm busy right now."

_____________________________

"I'm sorry but Malcolm says to come back another time. He's kind of busy right now." Sarai informed Jersey who stood there with a nonchalant expression on her round, brown face. She was disappointed with the outcome of her plan. She wanted to have a serious conversation with Malcolm, but he was busy. It angered her since she came all the way downtown just for nothing.

"Busy?" She retorted as she eyed Sarai.

"Uhm." Sarai replied while tucking her bottom lip in. "He won't be able to talk to you today."

Jersey sighed as her eyes darted around the room. The bar wasn't too busy, but it did have a decent amount of people inside. After Sarai walked off, Jersey took a seat at the bar and waited for the bartender to assist her. He was busy making a drink for another customer.

She used her free time to go through her phone. Jersey had a couple of messages from Kelli and that was it.

Why aren't you answering your phone?

BITCH I'M CALLIN YOU! – Kelli

"What can I get you, beautiful?" The bartender asked cheerily as he leaned over a bit. He was handsome with his caramel complexion, hooded eyes, and pink, kissable lips. His long, wavy hair was pulled into a low ponytail.

Jersey blushed a little when he called her beautiful. She wasn't expecting that from a handsome man like him. When she smiled, her dimples planted deep dents on each side of her cheeks. Once she realized what she was doing, she straightened up and cleared her throat.

"Can I get a Black Russian, please?"

"You are over twenty-one, right?" He asked while looking at her. He wanted to make sure he was flirting and serving a grown woman since Jersey looked like she was fifteen.

"I am." Jersey replied while pulling out her identification. "I'm twenty-two."

"Okay, I'm just making sure. Your drink is coming right up." He gave her a once over before walking away.

Jersey was taken aback by the whole scene. She knew that the guy had to be interested in her, he just had to be. The way he called her beautiful and the way he looked at her just told it all. Unfortunately, she didn't get too much attention from men. She assumed they didn't find her appealing because of her past...or maybe her looks.

Jersey was eye-catching, but she wasn't no Instagram model. She had a dark-brown complexion that made light colors look beautiful on her. A round face, wide nose, full lips, and those large, brown eyes. She had a slim body shape which made people assume that she was a kid. She didn't have too much breast and her butt was flat—thanks to her genes.

Suddenly, she looked to her right and noticed the one and only Malcolm. He had just walked from the back. Jersey's eyes scanned him as she sat there watching his moves.

Malcolm was tall, Jersey assumed he was around 6'5. He had a nice, brown complexion that reminded her of cinnamon. He had a lean-built that caused the women in the bar to hawk him. Malcolm's afro-textured hair was wavy with a nice lining. Tattoos covered his neck and arms, but you could still see parts of his skin; He wasn't completely covered in them.