Vol. 26

Deceit escaped to kill them all. Patton and Logan know nothing of the plan yet.

The end is near.

~~Present day ~~

"Its finally summer!" Roman laughed, flopping back on the couch.

Virgil chuckled and took Roman's bag, heading up to their room to put it away. Remy jogged downstairs and jumped on Roman's stomach.

"Hey Ro!" Remy giggled, "I took some of Dad's coffee!"

"Rem, you're not allowed to have coffee." Patton scolded, setting his keys on the counter.

"But it's so good!" Remy complained, rolling onto the floor.

"Speaking of Logan, where is he?" Patton asked.

"He's in his office." Remy said, jumping up, "I'm gonna go play outside.

Patton smiled and turned to Roman, shaking his head, "I'm gonna go check on Lo, can you make sure Rem doesn't try to climb the tree again?"

Roman nodded and rolled off the couch to head outside. Patton went up the stairs to Logan's office. Logan was focused on his screen, typing away on his computer.

"Hey Lo." Patton giggled, hugging his husband from behind, "any ideas for dinner?"

Logan hummed and leaned back, "it's the last day of school, so why don't we go out to eat?"

Patton smiled, "that sounds-"

A scream interrupted Patton, soon followed by a smashing sound.

"That came from outside?" Logan said, quickly standing.

"Roman and Remy!" Patton yelled before running downstairs, Logan following close behind.

The two father's ran outside. Laying on the  bloodstained grass was a gold and white jacket and a pair of sunglasses.

"No..." Patton whimpered, falling this knees and clutching the two objects.

Logan knelt beside him as he sobbed. Suddenly, Patton's head shot up.

"VIRGIL!" Patton screamed, running back inside and upstairs to the boys room.

Patton flung open the door and froze. Deceit stood there with a sadistic smirk, one hand over Virgil's mouth and one roughly gripping the boys hair. Virgil looked at his fathers' with fear running deep in his eyes.

"Let him go Deceit." Patton commanded, his voice hard.

"Why should I? He's my rightful property." Deceit snarled and pulled down the coller of Virgil's shirt.

Burned onto his collarbone was a two headed dragon circling a single lightning cloud. Virgil choked on a sob, squeezing his eyes closed as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Now if you excuse me, I have to take my leave." Deceit raised his hand.

"No!" Patton yelled, jumping forward to try and reach Virgil.

Virgil reached his arms out as well. Their fingers just brushed each other. Deceit snapped.

Patton's hand closed around an empty hoodie.