xxii. sweatshirt

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.
[ xxii. sweatshirt ]
/ IRL /

     THE VAN WAS more than crowded with talkative teenagers excited to get the shit scared out of them. Garrett was one of them. He was rambling about how he wouldn't be scared and how they (meaning the people in the horrifying costumes) would be scared of him. Someone who wasn't relatively excited to be scared was Margot. She didn't care for scary things as such. She didn't have the guts to tell Garrett that, anyway.

     Margot watched how he talked to his friends. He was a ball of energy she adored. She hadn't been speaking to him for very long and she already wanted to be in his embrace for hours. She wanted to talk to him because they barely spoke a couple words ever since they got into the vehicle. The thought crossed her mind that she wasn't talkative enough.

     Garrett wanted to talk to her. He truly did. He didn't want to seem like he was trying so hard. Then again, he always appeared as if he was trying hard (which he was). He hoped for her to get his attention so they could have a moment together. In the back of his mind, he begged for her to get his attention somehow.

     Margot sucked on her bottom lip nervously. She tapped on his shoulder having enough of the awkward tension. Garrett stopped talking to Lincoln and Devon smiling to himself. "Hold that thought." He turned around to Margot, his smile growing wider. "Yeah?" He questioned as if he didn't know.

     "Are you excited?" Margot asked just to create conversation. It had been a while since he heard that damned British accent. He swore it was cursed, but it reminded him it was only cursed when it came from her mouth.

     "Oh yeah!" Garrett responded enthusiastically. She chuckled because of his unneeded enthusiasm. "Lowkey scared, though."

     Margot nodded, "me too." She truthfully was scared. She tried to play it off that she wasn't that terrified.

     "Well, I got you. Don't worry," he reassured causing her to blush. Margot subconsciously lowered her head to attempt to hide her blushing cheeks. He waited for a response, but she didn't give him one. Instead, she kept her head lowered to hide the discoloration of her face. "I'm already getting hungry what the fuck?" Garrett thought aloud hoping to start up the conversation again.

Margot raised her head up. Her lips forming to a smile. "I have some crisps in my bag," she informed as she reached for the bag. Garrett didn't know what she was meaning by 'crisps'. He didn't know if she meant chips or a snack that is made in Europe. Margot pulled out a bag of Lays chips turning back to him. "Here." She nicely handed them to him flashing a small smile. Garrett smiled back, taking the chips.

"Thanks." He turned around forward opening the bag up. Just as Margot went to accept his gratitude, he scooted away from her. She looked over at him to see what he was doing. Garrett smiled again at her just before leaning on her shoulder. The height difference caused him to have to move slightly towards Lincoln (who was sitting beside him) in order to successfully have his head on the girl's shoulder. "I hope you don't mind cause I'm comfy and I'm not moving," Garrett stated bluntly. He put a chip in his mouth feeling the girl shrug.

"I don't mind at all," she whispered loud enough so he could hear. He, in fact, did.

***