When the cold patties made contact with my bare skin, I let out a little scream. “Oh no, that’s, tha-, that’s so cold!”

This only made him laugh harder as he stuffed the frozen patties down my shirt. One by one, they stuck against my skin sending shivers down my back. “I give up!” I chocked out between heavy breaths and laughter.

Just as he pulled away from me, the metal door swung open and Owen peered in at us. “What the hell is going on?” he asked, looking around the little freezer.

“He did it!”

“She did it!”

Landon and I both called out the cliché he did it, she did it statement.

I looked down at myself and blushed. My shirt was pushed to the side and my bright pink bra was showing. The patties in my bra left funny little lumps all over my chest.

Owen glared down at us both. “Why the heck does she have frozen chicken in her shirt?”

Landon let out a low chuckle as he stared down at us. Although the situation was quite funny, I could tell that Owen was annoyed.

“Well you see, we go locked in here, and I’m just so hot, and the heat that literally radiates off my body got Mia a little hot, so she stuffed her shirt with the frozen food,” Landon lied with a grin on his face.

Obviously Owen couldn’t believe that. “Really, is that what happened Mia? Because if Landon is lying, than I’m going to have to ban him from the movie night tonight. Which means he’ll have to stay in his cabin while the rest of us watch a movie on the over projector.”

“No, actually that’s not what happened. You see, Landon can be quite the liar,” I replied.

Pay backs a bitch ain’t it?

**

Sitting on the cushiony couches in the “game” room, I picked at my nails. Although the room filled with a couple pool tables, a lot of big couches and a small basketball hope was crowded, I was sitting by myself hoping to sneak off to my cabin and read a book.

After the kitchen incident, Owen had given me the cold shoulder. I guess he was ashamed of my foolish actions. The upside was that Landon was stuck in his cabin all night when the rest of the guys were watching a movie.

“How about Rudy, that’s always a good movie?” Julie asked everyone.

A sea of groans echoed through the room. “Oh come on, can’t we watch something entertaining like American Pie or Animal House?” a red head boy said earning him a few laughs.

Julie glared in his direction. “Now we know that those are inappropriate, now let’s just go with Rudy!”

“But we watch that every Sunday night!” A familiar voice called out.

I looked in the direction to see Gavin sitting with a few friends. As if he could feel my stare, he turned his head my way. With a little smile he waved for me to join them on their couch. Slowly rising from my seat, I weaved my way through the couches filled with boys until I reached him.

He patted the seat next to him and I lowered myself down. “You have some explaining to do.”

“Ah, yeah, About last night. The whole tradition is true, I just didn’t think you would really go through with it. And when Landon took your clothes, I tried to get them back be he wouldn’t give them up. So I went to my cabin and grabbed some clothes for you. When I got back you were gone,” he blabbed on, a little blush rising to his cheeks.

Awh, how cute, he felt bad. “Shh, it’s okay. That’s all I needed to hear.”

Gavin gave me a little grin. “So, what did you end up doing?”