The Getaway.

"Some folks call her a runaway. A failure in the race. But she knows where her ticket takes her. She will find her place in the sun"
― Tracy Chapman

Getting away from a palace filled with armed guards around every corner would definitely not be smooth, but there was no other choice left for Ella to make for at the very moment, staying here would mean her life would be terrifying. The plan here was to first get her mother out from the dungeons. 

The dungeons would always be heavily guarded so she would have to find some way to sneak off her mother without the guards suspecting her and before Elijah gained consciousness.

She cautiously arranged her clothes for they were dishevelled due to earlier happenings. The memories still made Ella shiver, if she had been one more minute late then...
Quickly repelling all negative thoughts from her mind, she started her mission.

Ella quietly reached for the main room's door and pushed it gently away only to find no guards guarding the entrance.
"Elijah must have told them to not disturb him while he raped her...." that thought alone was enough to make her spill her guts out.

The end of the hallway had two guards guarding the place. 
Ella quickly made herself look like she was crying and walked towards that hallway sobbing quietly. 
Her heart was beating fast with every step she was taking towards her goal, and her palms had gotten all sweaty. She now truly looked like a fresh mess.
As she walked past the guards, they did not even glance at her for they knew the King's orders and whatever happened to those who denied him, but her sobs were enough to know that their King had done something bad to her again, but once again they were helpless.

Ella quickly walked down the stairs still sobbing quietly, for the act of a deer freshly hurt by a lion had to be convincing, for she knew that nobody who got out of the King's chambers would be fine at all. At least like this, the people had no motive to question her. 

The path to the dungeon was quite familiar to Ella, for her worst nightmares lived there. 

The dungeon in which her mother was kept was not together with the normal cells, and that made it easier for her to continue her act of acting like a hurt fawn.
She finally reached the place where she thought her mother had been imprisoned.
It looked as if there were two guards guarding her mother's cells. Ella rushed to the prison bars to get to meet her mother when the guards stopped her abruptly before doing so. 

The guards quickly blocked her way with spears and monotonously said
"You are not supposed to be here, your majesty," but even while doing so their eyes were glued to the ground, scared to even look into her eyes. 

Elijah's stupid rule had some advantages, Ella thought, for the job of escaping would be harder if they would not be scared to even look in her eyes.

"Do you think your King would appreciate your hostility towards me peasants!" she huffed out in anger towards the guards. Just speaking so harshly made Ella want to slap herself, but this was a battle, and in battle, you do what you have to do in order to survive.

The guards were now shaking with fear. They knew that the King did not even want anyone looking at their queen so if he found out that they spoke with her in the dungeons, it would mean instant death for them. 

"And I could also say that you touched me for the King would trust his queen and not some random soldiers who do not mean a thing to him" mocked Ella while getting closer to the guard.
Once she reached close enough to look into his eyes, she smirked: "The King will not be happy with you ordering his love around dearest soldiers." 

Who would have ever in their right minds ever thought, that the one thing that Elijah as King had ripped her of, and instilled in every single guard in the palace: fear, would have been helping her in the long run so easily.

Empowering.

 It was simply empowering at that single moment as that very mistake of his would lead to his downfall.