XLIX. BEAUTIFUL CREATURES

Start from the beginning

"Shouldn't you be out chasing Tyler to the ends of the earth?" Caroline asked as she continued to glare at the hybrid, "or are there still some hopes and dreams you wanna crush around here?" she spat causing Thea to sigh as she continued to clean the living room. "Well I guess that depends on who's trying to best me, doesn't it. Tyler made it his life mission to kill me. You can't hate me for driving him away," Klaus snapped back, as he let out an annoyed sigh.

"Oh, I can. And I do," the blonde retorted as she placed her hands on her hips, "now if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to spiralling, so go away," Caroline shooed him- pointing in the direction of the door with a sarcastic smile. Klaus smirked at the younger vampire as Stefan walked into the room from behind her with a serious frown on his face, "actually, I asked him to be here. We need his help. I think Silas is in Mystic Falls."

✧✦✧✦✧

"So some blood went missing from a few hospitals?" Thea asked, a look of exasperation on her face as she recapped what Stefan had just told them, "what about Elena? Don't vampires with their humanity off tend to overdivulge in human blood?" Klaus hummed in agreement as he poured himself a drink, "or were you the exception?" the hybrid mocked with a teasing smirk of amusement as he looked towards the younger Salvatore.

Stefan rolled his eyes, ignoring the original's comment as he looked at Thea, "it's not Elena," he denied causing her to frown. If it wasn't Elena or any of the others, then who was it? "Well, let's say for a moment that it was Silas," Klaus offered as he sat down next to the brunette, the glass of bourbon in his hand, "I'm struggling to see how this affects me," the original stated with a disinterested expression as he looked between Stefan and Caroline.

The younger Salvatore paced in front of the couch as he explained, "look. Silas wants to die and be reunited with his one true love, but he's supernatural, so if he takes the cure and dies, he gets stuck on the other side," Stefan explained. "How Shakespearian," Klaus mocked causing Thea to giggle from beside of him, earning a beaming grin from the hybrid. Stefan rolled his eyes at the pair before continuing his explanation, "but if he destroys the Other Side altogether, he can take the cure, die and pass on."

"But in destroying it, every dead supernatural being will return to our side," Stefan stated, causing Thea's ears to peak up in interest. "Wait, so I could get my dad, Mason, Finn and Kol back?" the brunette asked, a hopeful expression over taking her features as she looked between Stefan and Caroline. "Yeah, as well as every other werewolf, witch and vampire," Caroline spoke, causing the hope to drain from Thea's face I realisation, "I wonder how many of those you personally killed. Care yet?" the blonde snapped as she looked at the hybrid with a scowl.

"My interest is piqued," Klaus replied with an eye roll before turning to Stefan, "how do we stop him?" Stefan stopped pacing, turning to face the soulmates with his usual broody expression, "Bonnie said Silas needs to complete three massacres to do this spell," he informed them, causing Thea to furrow her eyebrows. "Before Professor Shane died, he convinced the pastor to blow up the council. Next, he had you kill your hybrids, and now he only needs one more massacre- so if he's here, that's what he's doing. We need to find him."

✧✦✧✦✧

"What are we even looking for?" Caroline asked as the four of them entered Professor Shane's office. Thea walked around the space curiously, picking up random objects as she did so. "Well, if Shane really was working with Silas, chances are he was helping him plan his next move," Stefan sighed he moved around the room, copying Thea as they began to look for clues of what Silas was planning and where he was- Klaus and Caroline soon following.

"Where, on his evil-villain to do list? 'Steal blood, perform 3 massacres, pick up dry cleaning'?" Thea mocked, earning a chuckle from Caroline as the pair of them moved to look at the book case in Shane's room. "Actually, not to nit-pick, but we evil villains usually use minions to pick up our dry-cleaning, that sort of thing," Klaus joked causing Thea to smile to herself, chuckling quietly. Caroline, however, didn't find his joke all that amusing and turned to face Stefan with a scowl, "why is he necessary again?"