Chapter 2: Just Shut Up For Ten Seconds, Okay?

Start from the beginning

He completely ignored me and looked down at his watch.  He hissed incoherent curse words and looked back up at me.  “Come here.” He grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the couch.

                “What are you doing?”

He pushed me down and pulled his shirt over his head before hovering over me.  “What the hell are you doing?” I whisper yelled and gripped his arms tightly.  I dug my finger nails in his skin making him groan.

                “Just shut up for ten seconds, okay?” He muttered something else and then buried his face in the crook of my neck like he used to.

                “5…4…3…” he continued whispering a countdown against my neck.  His warm breath felt familiar against my skin.  Like when he would lay and whisper things to me when we were alone.

But that was old Noah.

I have no idea what’s even happening right now.

                When Noah reached 1, the door swung open moments later.  He lifted his head and maneuvered his body so I wasn’t visible.  “I’m a little busy.” He turned his head, smiling at whoever was at the door.  “We have to leave in ten minutes.  Boss wants you home tonight.”

                “Whatever.  I only need five.  Get the hell out of here.” 

The door closed but Noah took his time removing himself off of me.  I pushed up on his chest and slipped out from under him.  “What was that?” I huffed and fixed my dress.  I ran my wrist across my neck involuntarily and wrinkled my face.

He snatched his shirt of the ground and pulled it on.  “Security guard.”

                “Why would the band need a security guard?”

                “Not the bands, mine.”

                “Yeah, because girls are knocking you down to get your attention.” I could still feel the tingles of Noah’s breath on my neck and it gave me chills.

And he knew it too.  “It’s not for my benefit. He only comes with me to California.”

                “I’ve noticed if I ask too many questions I get myself in trouble.”

                “It’s pretty self-explanatory.”

I started walking backwards towards the door, “Whatever.  I guess it was kind of nice seeing you again.”

                “You should’ve waited.”

I stopped before I got to the door and turned back around, “I didn’t want to.”

I placed my hand on the handle and he shouted, “Wait.”

I turned my head over my shoulder, “What?”

                “How is he?”

I couldn’t help but smile a little. “He’s been better.  He misses you a lot, but he’s okay.”  I wanted to tell him about the video games we play or how often I have to help him with his math homework.

But I didn’t and just walked out.

                I walked down the hall, taking deep breaths and exhaling slowly.  I kept my head down until I found myself back in the empty venue.  Ash and Ashley stood by the bar with someone else until they walked off.  I noticed it to be another member of the band.  He just smiled at me as he walked by.  “No crying.  That’s a good thing, right?” Ash asked.