Chapter 9- Visitors

"Huzzah!" A new voice yelled, the person holding the pipe stepped out of the shadows

"Huzzah!" A new voice yelled, the person holding the pipe stepped out of the shadows. She had blond hair and was dressed in all black, I had no idea how she'd come into my room without Raven or me seeing her, though I suspected it was magic.

"For the last time Anna, we're trying to be sneaky, yelling Huzzah every time you knock someone out is not being sneaky!" Adriel had entered my room through my window. She seemed to be yelling at the girl with the pipe, I assumed her name was Anna.

"Well the only one in here is Princess Rose, and I doubt she would yell for help, considering your persuasiveness earlier at the party." Anna countered.

"Just, try not to do it every time, okay?"

"Fine..."

"Care to introduce me?" I asked, feeling very left out.

Then I remembered Raven on the floor, "Also, WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?"

"That's something I'd like to know too. Anna?" Adriel seemed to be the one in charge, so I wasn't surprised when Anna answered in a small voice.

"Well, when he got up, I knew he would go out the window, or the door, and if he went out the door he would see all the guards unconscious. If he went out the window he would see you. I panicked and knocking him out was the only solution I could think of. I'm sorry." She seemed to look up to Adriel.

"I guess I can let you slide this time, I don't know what I would've done if in your situation, so I guess you made the correct choice."

"Now would you care to introduce me to, Anna was it?" I asked.

"Oh, my bad. Rose this is Anna, she was out in the gardens the first time I met you, but she stayed hidden, I wanted backup in case you did call for the guards. She is training to go out on missions, and she's on track to becoming a group leader." Adriel finished with a small smile on her lips.

"Thanks, but I'll never be able to make as good decisions as you do Adriel." Anna admitted bashfully.

"Not the point right now. Rose, have you made your decision?" Adriel asked me.

"What would I have to do?" I asked I didn't want to leave the palace yet, along with the fact that I wanted to know more about the jester.

"Right now, nothing. Right now I think it suits you best to stay in the castle and learn about the Queen of Hearts' past. He, "She gestured to Raven on the floor, "Seems to be doing a good job of telling you."

"Okay, so would I be like a spy?" I asked, liking the idea of helping the rebel group.

"Somewhat, though we don't want to put you in any more danger than necessary, so we would only ask for information when we really need it," Adriel answered. Just then Raven started to roll over, Adriel hastily grabbed her knife and held it against my throat.

"If he wakes up I'll tell him not to take a step, and if he does, I'll kill you. Look frightened, as he wakes up I'll tell you not to say a word. Capeesh?" Adriel took control like a general commanding an army. I just nodded in response.

A few seconds later Raven started to wake up, Adriel acted perfectly, Raven looked truly concerned. He only nodded when Adriel told him to not follow her and Anna. They backed up to the window, pulling me partly out with them. Adriel quickly dropped the dagger and disappeared into the night.