Chapter 4 Conversation

Mia's POV

   The next morning when I woke up I laid in bed staring at my ceiling. The events from last night kept playing over and over in my mind.

   The thought of the way his hands felt on my body and the way he filled me completely took my mind to another place. A better place. A place I never wanted to leave.

   I peered over to my phone and took ahold of it. The time read 8:00am. I knew I had better get up and get dressed for breakfast before my mother or worse Vincent came looking for me. They have a thing about everyone being present for our meals.

   I got up and threw on some clothes making sure to choose something that would hide my neck and chest

   When I was finally ready I went downstairs and joined the family and our guests for breakfast.

"Nice of you to join us Mia." My father said
"Mhm." Was all I responded with.
"Mia honey I was thinking of doing some shopping today. Would you like to come along?" My mother quickly asked trying to defuse any tension "I think I'll just stay home and relax today. But thanks."
"You'll go with her." Vincent so graciously made the decision for me. I dropped the silverware onto my plate and took a deep breath ready to argue. "Mothers leaving and wants to spend time with you. So go with her." He added with his daring eyes. There was a long pause...
"Sure mother I would loveeee to go" I couldn't help my attitude.

   I am so damn tired of these people making my decisions for me. Yes Vincent's right, our mother's leaving so I should spend as much time with her as possible but I'm still not happy about the fact that she's leaving me behind.

****

   My mother and I spent the day walking around the city and spending my fathers money. I made sure to buy the most expensive shit I could find. Not that it mattered because his accounts are endless.

   We quickly grew hungry so we decided to sit for a late lunch/early dinner.

"Mia honey I have talked to your father."
"And?! Am I going with you?" I was hopeful
"No. But we have decided you should come out as often as you want. No questions asked.."
my head and heart dropped again. I pushed my food around my plate and tried to keep the tears at bay.
"I'm going to miss you mother."
"And I'm going to miss you too. But it is time you do your part for the family. Not only do we need you to keep an eye on your brother but we need you to do what I do. Just until your brother marries."
"And what is that?"
"Hold the house down. And the other women that keep our men happy will come to you for advise and compassion. It is not easy for anyone living this life and the women will need you."
I rolled my eyes.
"I'm not a damn shrink."
"Mia stop with this attitude! I get that you are hurt and I'm sorry for that but you being here is greater than you being with your father and I. You will understand soon enough."

   I didn't want to understand. Why in the hell do I have to babysit these dumb women. Why couldn't they just choke it up like I do. Just get over it. They decided to be with these mafia men so it's on them!