Sick With Worry

Abby's POV

I woke up to my head pounding. As soon as I sat up, I felt an overwhelming feeling of nausea. I barely got to the bathroom before that feeling became too much.

I fell to my knees and emptied my stomach into the toilet bowl. Once I was done, I sat back, leaning against the wall and wrapped my arms around my knees.

Memories of last night filled my brain, instantly confirming my assumptions; I was extremely hungover.

I smiled when I thought about Felicia coming over, but the smile fell when I remembered that I told her the only secret I've never told Caleb.

Silent tears starting streaming down my cheeks. I started to get up, but that feeling of nausea came back. I didn't think I had anything left in my stomach, but I was wrong.

I spent the rest of the morning in the bathroom either hunched over the toilet or laying on the cold tile floor. As I slowly walked over to my bed and laid down, a thought came to my mind.

What if this wasn't because I was hungover?

"Oh no," I mumbled. I shook my head the second that thought entered my mind. "I'm just hungover," I repeated over and over to myself.

I believed that until I woke up throwing up the next morning. As I washed my mouth out, my hands started to shake. I gripped the edge of the sink as I tried to get my breathing under control.

I closed my eyes and started to do the math in my head. My eyes shot open when I figured out why I was still sick.

I wasn't hungover.

I nervously started to pace as I tried to think back to when the last time Caleb and I. . .

The morning he left.

I racked my brain trying to remember if we used protection.

We didn't.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized it could be true. I was late last month too.

* * * * *

I walked back through the door, the pharmacy bag in my hand. I slowly took it out of the bag and stared down at it.

In a different situation, any other situation, I would've been eager to find out the results. But with Caleb on the rig, I was scared.

I couldn't do this on my own. I was raised by a half-assed father. I didn't have a mother as a teenager, so how could I be one?

A tear slid down my cheek and landed on the box. I instantly looked at the ring on my finger and started chewing on my bottom lip.

I had to find out. If not for me, for him. He'd want to know. Maybe, if it comes back positive, it will give me the strength I need to make it through these last few weeks.

"Okay," I said under my breath. Before I could talk myself out of it, I headed upstairs to our bathroom.

After I had completed the test, I nervously paced back and forth as it sat on the bathroom counter. The two minutes felt like twenty.

I jumped when the timer I set on my phone finally went off. I took a deep breath as I walked over to the counter. I mentally prepared myself before reaching down and grabbing the test. I took a shaky breath before looking down.

A sob got stuck in my throat when I saw the results. I clutched the test to my chest as I backed up and slowly slid down the wall. I immediately hugged my knees to my chest and sobbed. I wasn't sure if the tears streaming down my cheeks were happy, scared, excited, or terrified tears.

Probably all four.