I Maid Sure He Didn't Get Lucky

En başından başla

"Well, hello to you too Ari."

She glances at Alec as if silently asking him what's going on, but he only gives her a shrug. She sits down and just stares at her food.

Say something.

"Did our dessert come Alec?"

"Not yet."

"Oh."

Is she just going to ignore me like that?

Their waitress comes and gives them their dessert, while I just sit there waiting for Ari to acknowledge me.

Why don't she look at me?

"And what can I get for you?" The waitress winks at me.

I smirk knowing she's trying to flirt. This always happens.

"I can get you anything you need," she purrs while putting her hand on my chest.

I hear Alec chuckle and turn around to glare at him and I find Ari glaring at the girl.

Is she jealous?

Oooh, this is good...

I decide to play along with the waitress not bothering to remove her hand.

"What do you have to offer?" I innocently ask her.

At this Ari is literally fuming. I can see her trying not to care, but I can tell she's jealous.

The waitress whispers dirty things into my ear and I try to look as innocent as possible as I look over at Ari.

She's now glaring at the both of us. Better stop now....

"No thanks. I have everything I need right here," I tell the waitress while staring intently into Ari's eyes.

I can see she's startled by my reply. And she looks away, but not before I catch her blushing.

"Your loss," the waitress says before leaving.

"I'm ready to leave Alec."

I'll be dammed if I let her leave with him.

"I'll drive you home Ari," I offer.

Silently pleading her to accept with my eyes.

"Uh no thanks." She says without even looking at me.

Why must she be so difficult?

"Listen Ari, I'm sorry about everything. But don't make this douche actually think you like him."

"This douche has a name," the douche states.

Like I give a damn about his name.

"Look, I like Alec okay? Just accept it and stop with whatever you're doing," Ari says finally looking at me.

"Ari you're just upset about what happened between us, you don't actually like him," I try to reason with her.

"Not everything is about you Zack," she snaps.

"I like Alec, he makes me happy."

There's that word again, the thing I can't seem to give Ari.

"Ari-" I start by I'm cut off by the douche.

"Look dude, she doesn't like you. Just leave her alone."

I stand up at that and am about to punch him when Ari stops us.

"Stop! Just stop! Zack, please leave."

"I'm not leaving you here with him."

"He's my date Zack and I'm not going to just let you fight him because you think I don't like him."

"You don't like him! Stop being so blind Ari!"

Ari stands up and goes over by Alec.

She smirks at me, "I do like Alec."

I'm confused as to what she's about to do but then she leans in and kisses him.

Right in front of me.

I stand there unable to speak, it hurts so much to see the girl I love just kiss another guy.

Wait. Love?

Yes, I love Ari.

And she kissed another guy...

Something inside me finally snaps. I grab Alec by the collar and punch him right in the face. His nose starts bleeding and by now we've gotten the attention of the whole restaurant.

This is bad, I could get arrested for assault. So I grab Ari by the hand before she can protest and lead her outside towards my car. I push her in and drive away.

"Why did you just punch my date Zack?! You always have to ruin everything for me! You already humiliated me by taking my first kiss and then just dropping me, but now I can't even date another guy?!"

I let her continue yelling obscenities at me and just focus on driving. After a while she is done telling and is looking out the window silently.

"Are you done?"

Silence. She doesn't even glance at me.

"You shouldn't have kissed him in front of me Ari."

"It's none of your business what I do, you're not my boyfriend," she sneers.

"But I like you," I snap.

She's startled by that and opens and closes her mouth unsure of what to say. Instead of saying something though she just goes back to looking out the window.

"Are you still going to be working as a maid?" I ask her nervously.

After all, that's where we met. Where I fell in love with her.

She has no idea how I desperately want her. I want to tell her how I feel about her, but it's just not the right time. I want us to actually be on good terms before saying those three words.

I love you.

I truly do.

"I have no choice," she sighs.

Ouch. I can't pretend that doesn't hurt. But I try not to let it show.

She's just doing it so she can help out at home. Not because she wants to be around me. She doesn't even enjoy my company anymore.

We arrive shortly and I park in front of her house. She's about to leave when I grab her hand, but she yanks it away and gets out making sure to slam the door.

I sigh. It's better not to go after her and let her cool off. Especially after what I just did, punching her date. I doubt she wants to see me.

I'm about to drive off when she comes back and opens the door.

"Even though I'm still mad at you for what you did to Alec, thanks for the ride."

I smile teasingly, "Finally I'm getting the recognition I deserve."

She rolls her eyes, "Whatever Zack. And try to stay out of my love life, you have no business being in it."

That hurts, a lot.

"I-"

"You just keep digging yourself a bigger hole, I want nothing to do with you."

I don't even have time to react to those harsh words before she slams the door again and goes inside her house.

This is going to take a while to fix...

But I'll do whatever it takes to get Ari back again.