𝓦𝓮𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 1

Start from the beginning

However no one is to breathe a word to Jamilia, so far so good. They should be all here tomorrow, which leaves us with little time to decorate. It been really busy around the house. Nasreen and Aunty Amina have been prepping the food all day. We spent the whole day going back and forth between the stores hunting for various items to bring the place to life.

The theme is nude colours, which should give off a nice balance of colours. We want it to be glamorous and sophisticated at the same time. The is a combination of blush pink and white roses in a vase with pearls resting at the bottle. A wall of fairy lights at strung up and around the corners of the house, giving it a warm glow and so it could twinkle like stars. We attached two long tables together and draped a white silk cloth over it whilst a sequinned dusty pink material lay in the middle.

There are also these cute little juice dispensers which would be filled with different drinks, whilst a range of cocktails would also be available. Different nibbles and savoury goods would also be put out tomorrow along side the cupcakes that we needed to pick up. All that's left is the balloons but with helium being pumped into it, we decided to do it tomorrow morning so they can last longer.

Naseeba and Habiba were in charge of the entertainment, playing games and asking Jamilia questions, whilst Me and Shamsa were on duty of looking after the guests. Aunty Amina also hired a henna lady to do henna for the guest if the wanted to. The Nikkah was in two days time of Friday, Jummah the blessed day of the week.

Since there is nothing left to do I decide to head upstairs and find a moment of peace. Not that there is any peace with my thoughts constantly wondering to places it shouldn't. I can't say it's been easy but hopefully once the wedding is over all can be returned to normal, not long left now.

It's officially the day of the bridal shower, I awake to a house full of busy working bees. It would look a complete chaos to a stranger but the place looked absolutely breathtaking. Something must be going right even though there is multiple so many people talking all at once and even voices being raised. Welcome to my family, we're a bit dysfunctional.

I head towards the kitchen and open the fridge grabbing me some orange juice. I pour myself a cup and just as I'm enjoy the cool liquid running down my throat quenching my thirst, Naseeba just has to ruin the moment. "Aqilah, would you stop pouring yourself a drink and come with me to collect the cupcakes, I've been waiting for all morning," she sighs frustratedly. " Woah, what's up with you grumpy. Anyways I need my dose of vitamin c, otherwise I might just faint," I say defending myself.

"You've had your fair share of fainting or should I call it sleeping to last you a life time. Some of us have been working all morning whilst you've been snoring your head off," she says teasingly. "I don't snore," I say pretending to be offended. She just stares at me just bursts out laughing. We head to the car to go to the bakery shop.

Once we get inside Naseeba goes to speak to the cashier whilst I hold back mesmerised by the wonderful decorations, the pure talent on display is amazing and every tempting. As I walk up to the desk, the cashier comes back with four big boxes, I assume full of cupcakes. Naseeba looks inside one of them and Manshallah the look beautiful. Piped pale pink and white icing formed into the shape of rose petals giving it an ombré affect. Some with glitter and others with lovely edible bridal messages on them. Oh they look perfect.

"So is this the bride to be," ask the lady smiling at us. I just stare at her dumbfounded, whilst Naseeba on the other hand bursts out laughing. I can kill her sometimes. "I'm sorry about her, umm no I'm not the bride. Umm it's my cousin's wedding, umm her brother," I try explaining. I mean it would've sounded alright if I wasn't stuttering so much. "Oh sorry I just assumed. Forgive me," she says as a blush tints her checks.