Chapter Sixteen

Brandon's POV:

I slid to the floor, my back pressed against the cold wall and watched as Jessica stormed out of the room.

A small part of me was slightly guilty as to how I had gone off on my little sister. But she'd kind of deserved it. I know that she thought that hooking up with your best friends brother was worse than their boyfriend, but it really depends on the person. To me, the boyfriend, or in my case, girlfriend, would be worse. There are two types of loves in the world. The type that you feel towards family, and the type that you feel for the one. Which one do you think is stronger? Which one do you think hurts more when it's broken?

I stood up, taking a deep breath. No tears had come out of my eyes, I don't cry, but I was still shaking with silent, shattered sobs at the look of Kayla on the ground. I walked over to her and picked her up, and called, "Doctor! Doctor!" Loudly, and began to sprint.

I found him before he found me, and his eyes widened when he saw her in my arms. "What happened?" he asked.

I was an amazing liar. It's something I've come to be an expert at over the years. "She accidently cut herself."

The docotor gave me a quizzical look, but said, "Take her back to the room and place her on the bed." I did so, and he was on my heels. I watched as he began to examine her arm. "Okay, I think she'll be okay...but I'll have to give her just a little bit of surgery to make up for the blood that she lost." He turned around, looking for something. "The blood was taken to the Cancer Building.."

"Well how long will that take to get?" I asked.

"Um, a ten minute drive."

"Is that too long?"

"Probably."

"What about a donation? Is that faster?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three minutes later I had three quarts less blood in my body and Kayla was was in emergency surgery. I tried to stand up, but everything was blurry, so I just kept sitting down when I heard my phone ring and rummaged through my pocket, looking for it. 

"Sup?" I said into my phone.

"Brandon?"

"Who the hell are you?"

"It's Jason."

Oh, Damn. "What the fuck do you want?" I spat into the phone.

He sounded exaperated. Panicked. Insane, even. "I-I got a text from Jessica and I think she's going to kill herself. I wanted to go myself but the doctors won't let me out of the room and-" his voice broke. "-and I need you to go stop her."

"Where is she?" I asked, wobbling as I stood up.

"The bridge."

Everything was spinning, but I managed to walk out of the hospital and onto my motorcyle. Driving right now was so not a good idea, but whatever. I started the bike, blinking and trying to focus my vision as I drove. I knew where the bridge was by heart, it was this cute little place that we used to go to all the time as kids.

I got there quickly, it wasn't far from the motorycle, and fell over as I stepped off my bike. Screw blood!

I could see her though, at the top of the bridge, standing there and looking down.

Jessica's POV:

I didn't want to do it.

But I felt like I had to. So I stood there, numb and unable to move, trying to convince myself that it was the right thing to do. But was it?

Yes, Jessica! Just do it! Jump! JUMP!

I took a deep breath and got ready to jump when....

My phone rang.

I pulled it out. "J-Jason?" I asked.

"Jessica. Oh, God, Jessica, you answered. Please, please don't do this. I love you. You don't want to throw that all away just because of your stupid ass brother do you? Or Kayla? Jessica, just...come back to the hosptial and we can talk-"

"Jason. I love you too." And then I hung up.

He wasn't apart of this.

I took a deep breath, and this time I was really, really ready to do it. I was. I was going to. But I heard, "She'll forgive you you know," right next to me.

I didn't need to turn around to know that it was Brandon. I could see him out of the corner of my eye, his dark hair in his shining eyes. He was paler than usual, and swaying. I wondered if he was drunk.

"No, I'm not drunk, Jess," he said, reading my mind. "I gave Kayla blood."

I was still ready. But maybe I should hear him out.

"What do you want?" I chocked.

"You dont want to kill yourself. People who kill themselves are weak. And, though you are weak, you're not that weak. People who kill themselves just do it so that they can escape their problems. You're too good for that."

"My problems are too big to deal with."

"Oh, yeah? Like what? Kayla? She'll forgive you eventually. Me?" He laughed, "You can deal with me. You're smart, you have Brandon...there's people in the world who don't have anything and they don't kill themselves. It's almost selfish."

"What?" I spat, annoyed. "Selfish?"

"Yeah. You''ll be hurting more people than youself. Kayla. Jason. Our parents. Me."

"I thought I was a stupid bitch who's going to hell."

He cracked a smile. "You are a bitch, sometimes. But you're also my little sister."

That was when I broke down, sobbing, and knew that he was right.