Chapter 16

Harry chased after Christina shouting "How could you do this?! HE PUT HIS FAITH IN ALL OF YOU AND YOU BETRAYED HIM! How can you live with yourself?"

Christina didn't look back. She knew it would only make her feel worse. Her pace quickened as she continued toward Hagrid's hut, her arm linked around Draco's. The night air was cold on her face and the stars shone brighter than she had ever seen before. A sharp pain seared through the back of Christina's head. She picked up the rock that Harry had thrown at her. With a sudden motion, she had him lifted in the air by his neck.

"Get over it kid. He's dead. Why is it that you can't believe it?" she spat at him. Harry choked. He couldn't speak and his air supply was hanging on a thin thread. She dropped him and he gagged on the ground for a moment. When he was finished, Christina turned around and caught up with Draco. Harry got back to his feet and pulled out his wand.

"Come back and fight you coward!" he shouted at Christina.

"Not fighting you does not make me a coward. It just means that I have the sense to know when the strength ratio is unfair."

"You're a coward and a fool!" he screamed tears streaming from his eyes.

This time Snape spun around and knocked Harry to the ground silently saying "Please Mr. Potter, know your limits."

Harry got up once again and reached for his wand that lay in the grass before him. He chased after Snape and screamed a spell that Christina hadn't heard before in her life but Snape easily deflected it. Harry tried another spell but this one was just like the first, effortlessly blocked.

Snape stepped in front of Harry who lay on the ground once more. "You dare use my own spells against me boy? That's right...I'm the Halfblood Prince."

Harry looked up at him in shock and then to Bellatrix who had set fire to Hagrid's hut and was chanting over and over again "I killed Sirius Black." His worst nightmares had been realized. Everyone that he loved was no longer able to help him in his time of need. With Harry sobbing silently on the ground, Christina and Draco apparated off of the large open field.