Chapter 7

The Gryffindors and Slytherins entered the classroom for Divination. Christina strutted in and stopped before her usual table. She noticed something on the other side of the classroom. She jogged in the direction of it and stopped in front of Draco who was admiring one of the crystal balls. She kissed him and he pulled back.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine. Come on class is starting," he said solemnly.

Christina pushed him back gently, ducking back into a small passage at the back of the classroom. "Come on. I know that look. Something's up. Just tell me."

"I'm fine."

"No! Stop it! I'm tired of you treating me like I don't know that something's up. You've been acting weird ever since you got called out by the Ministry in the middle of the summer. Then you just show up out of nowhere in my room and you're the most romantic guy ever, then you don't show up for classes like all day and when you finally do show up you act like you and I have never met before."

"It's nothing. We need to get back to the class."

He pushed past Christina who stood speechless in front of the large cabinet of teacups and crystal balls. She spun around and walked back to the table where she met up with Aria, Draco, and Hermione who was still ignoring her after potions class. The class worked in pairs reading tea leaves just as they had in their 3rd year.(Professor Trewlaney thought they needed extra practice.) When the class was dismissed, the students ran out cheerfully. It would be time for dinner soon.

Aria and Christina walked down the hall discussing their insane Defense Against the Dark Arts homework when Christina stopped short and stood before the stairwell.

"You coming?" Aria asked.

"No. I think I'm gonna get some rest and start up on potions homework. I'll meet you down there later."

"Ok then," Aria strode off and caught up with Harry, Ron, and Hermione who were walking arm in arm. They began to laugh and talk about how much they hated going to classes. Christina trudged up the steps looking back once to see Aria disappearing into the Great Hall.

Aria sat down to a magnificent feast as she did ever night for dinner. She sat down in between Draco and Pansy who had sat with him as she always tried to.

"Hey do you know where Christina is?"

"Ummm excuse me but I do believe that I was sitting there," said Pansy

"Yeah yeah things change. So, do you know where she is?"

"No. Why should I?" Draco said shyly. Before she could answer, Draco stood up and looked over his shoulder and slumped back down with a concerned look.

"I don't know. Well maybe because you guys have been inseparable for the past like 5 years."

"Well I don't know okay! I need to go use the lavoratory." he got up and walked off grabbing at his arm nervously.

Aria, realizing she had no other reason to sit with the Slytherins, got up and walked back to a seat at the Gryffindor table next to the empty seat that used to be occupied by George Weasley. She could practically hear him laughing as he set off a dung bomb under the staff table. She would never forget those big brown eyes partially covered by that long red hair. It was almost as if he were sitting right there with her. She was dying for 6th and 7th year to be over because as soon as she got out they could truly be together forever.

Christina inched down the stairs and walked down toward the Great Hall. Her mind was racing with thoughts. Had the conversation in Herbology really just happened? She was completely lost and didn't even realize that she had made a wrong turn down the long hallway in the opposite direction of the Great Hall. She walked past the lavoratories and began to the fork in the hallway. Voices came from the girl's lavoratory and Christina stopped in her tracks. She leaned against the wall and listened in.

The conversation was barely audible but it sounded like the voices of Harry and Draco. Christina thought not much of it but another thought crossed her mind. Maybe Hary knew something about Draco's sudden disappearance over the summer.

She inched closer to listen to the conversation. She couldn't hear a thing that they were saying and eventually she just leaned against the door and hoped the conversation would get louder.

Her wish came true as a word became audible,

"Sectumsempra!" cried Harry's voice from inside the lavoratory.

Christina burst through the door barely able to control herself.

"What's going on in here? Oh my God!" Christina let her gaze fall to Draco who was laying on the floor in a pool of his own blood. She rushed to his side kneeling on the ground.

"Murder! Murder in the bathroom!" Moaning Myrtle cried.

"Shut up Myrtle! You'll get us all caught!" Christina hissed at her.

Harry stared down at Draco in horror. He had no idea what he had just done or if Draco was even still alive. Upon closer looks at Draco, there were 3 huge gashes on his chest. Harry got closer to see what was wrong with him but Christina turned on him and drew her wand to his neck. They were nose to nose and she cried at him "You! You did this!"

"I...I didn't know."

"Drop it Harry! You did this and you know what they say about karma."

"What are you going to do to me?"

"Don't you worry about that Harry. After all, that's for me to know and you to find out."

Harry began to back away but Christina muttered a word that kept him in his place.

"Harry, I once told you that everyone has a secret. Do you want to know what mine is? Fine, here it is."

Christina pulled up her sweeater sleeve to reveal the dark mark.

"And I must say that I don't think Voldemort will like to hear about this little scene. Shall we find out?" she made a gesture with her wand and placed her hand on her dark mark.

Harry began to worry but the door slid open before Christina could do anything further. Snape walked through the door and looked down at Draco's motionless, blood stained body. He turned to Christina who was still holding Harry against the wall. She dropped him suddenly staring back at Snape.

"What is going on in here?"

"It's Harry. He's gone mad. I was sitting in here helping Draco out with something. We needed to talk to Myrtle about something," she shot Myrtle a glare that told her to go along with it. "Harry came in and attacked Draco. Some sort of sick revenge. Just because Draco caught the snitch and won the game in the last Quidditch match."

"Potter! Detention for a month! Where did you learn this spell?"

"I...I um."

"Nevermind. Leave now Potter."

Christina gave Harry a stare that suggested that she wasn't finished with him yet and Harry marched out of the lavoratory. Christina sat on the ground with Draco once again and tried to stop the bleeding. Her fingers were now stained with the blood from Draco's wounds. She watched Harry out of the room and looked down at Moaning Myrtle and gave her a glare saying to keep her mouth shut. Myrtle drew a ghostly finger and swiped it across her mouth as if it were a zipper and tossed her hand over her shoulder as if throwing out the key.