Chapter Twelve: The Sacrifice Play

Start from the beginning

The hybrid looked over at me, and in an instant, he was holding me, and we were gone. When we stopped running, I looked around to find myself in the town square, it was at least a twenty-minute walk from here to the school. What was worse is that Klaus was gone now so I couldn't give the fanged puppy a piece of my mind. 

Sighing, I looked around and thanked my luck when I saw Alaric's car. "Thank god!" 

In the Mystic Grill, Alaric sat at the bar enjoying a drink, I almost felt bad for interrupting. "Rick! Thank god I found you, I need your keys, Elena's in danger!" I said when I reached him. 

Alaric stood up and hugged me tightly. "Oh my god, we were so worried about you Europa." 

"Thanks, but right now we have to get to the school." I said urgently, "Stefan is there with Elena and Klaus compelled him to kill her in just over fifteen minutes." I explained. 

There was a brief pause as Rick processed what I told him. "Right, to the car." I nodded, and we ran out of the Grill to Alaric's car. 

Before Rick could get in the driver's seat, I took his keys and hopped in. "Why are you driving? I'm older!" 

"And I'm soberer, so I get to drive, shotgun shuts his tipsy cakehole." 

As soon as Rick was buckled in, I hit the gas and sped towards the school. "Holy shit! Europa we have to be alive to save," He let out a short scream as I took a turn too fast, "Elena," He finished breathlessly. 

After about a minute of driving, flashing lights lit up my rearview mirror. "Great, now we have to deal with Liz. This is why speeding is bad." I ignored Rick and pressed down further on the acceleration. "You aren't slowing down. Europa that is evading arrest! Oh my god, we are so dead." 

After a three-minute car chase, we skidded to a stop in front of the school. "You've got Liz, right?" Rick just groaned and nodded his head. "Great," I reached into his glove box and pulled a couple of vervain grenades from the glove box, "I need these." 

Then I jumped out of the driver's seat as Liz was approaching it, gun pulled. "Can't talk Sheriff, have to save my sister, talk to Rick!" I shouted as I ran towards the school. 

I didn't get a hallway in when I found my path blocked by a very annoying hybrid. "Move Klaus." 

"You shouldn't be here, it isn't safe." He told me in exasperation. 

My eyes narrowed, and I checked my watch, just over eight minutes left. "You need to get out of my way or so help me god I will go through you," I said, walking down the hall and towards him. 

Klaus met me halfway and grabbed my arms. "You can't do anything to me, Love." 

"That's where you're wrong Klaus, I may love you because you compelled me to, but you forget that no amount of love would make me allow you to kill my sister. I spent a week in captivity with you fighting tooth and nail to ensure that she lived. You found out anyways so now I will make sure Stefan can't kill her." I told him angrily. 

His eyes narrowed in the cute way that they sometimes do. "How?" 

"I have my toys," I said with a smile and pulled one of the bombs pins, running away before Klaus could figure it out. 

The bomb wouldn't kill him, but I had high hopes that it would slow him down while I ran. Once I was out of sight, I made sure I stayed quiet so Rebekah wouldn't come after me. I didn't want to hurt her, she was my friend, despite everything. 

Just over six minutes left, shit. 

I started to run for the gym when I ran right into Klaus' chest. 

Well, guess he feels better. "Oh hey, funny the people you run into in your old high school, right?" I said with a fake smile. 

Klaus smiled and grabbed both my arms, pinning them behind my back. "You, my dear, are troublesome." 

I chuckle as he pulls the grenades from the clip on corset thing that was under my shirt. His hands brushed my bare skin, I had to keep the shiver down. "Yeah well, I've been told its charming." 

"It would be charming if you just stopped fighting me." He whispered in my ear, dropping the grenades and turning me around. 

I smirked at him and brought my knee up, connecting with his family jewels. As he bent over, I rammed the heel of my hand in his nose, sending it to his brain and killing him. Well, temporarily.  "Four minutes twenty seconds, shit." 

I started for the gym again, this time with hopefully more luck. 

I burst into the gym with just over a minute left. "Stefan, you have to do anything you can to not attack Elena," I told him when I came in. Both of them looked over at me in shocked relief. I walked right past my sister though, and straight to Stefan, whispering in his ear a plan. 

There was a pause as he stared at me in despair. "Do you really think that would work?" 

I nodded my head. "You're a ripper, it will give you pause, at the very least." 

I walked over to my sister and looked her dead in the eye. "When that buzzer goes off, you run, and you don't look back, no matter what." 

Twenty seconds.

"What about you?" She asked tears were streaming down her face. 

Unlike my sister, I was a great liar. I smiled and nodded at her, looking her dead in the eyes. "I'll be okay, I swear." The buzzer sounded, and Elena ran as Stefan launched himself at the wall. 

I took a stake I had up my sleeve and drove it straight through my stomach. A sound of pain escaped my lips, and I made eye contact with Stefan. Just like I thought, he appeared right in front of me, hunger temporarily overtaking his compulsion. 

His eyes held a lot of guilt as he brushed the hair from my neck. "It's okay Stefan, drink." 

So, he did.