"Who is it?"

"It's just a number. No name."

Jacob hesitates before asking, "What's the number?"

Troys reads the number out loud and then reads the message.

xxx-xxx-xxxx: Hey, bud. Your mom told me you've got a boyfriend. Congratulations! Could i meet him sometime? You two can come over for dinner this weekend!

Jacob sighs and lets go of Troye's hand to grab his phone out of Troye's other hand.

Jacob angrily presses the shuffle button on his and Troyw's playlist before dropping his phone into one of the cup holders and focusing back on the road, both hands on the steering wheel.

Troye sits mutely, unsure of what to make of the small event that just occurred, and a little upset that Jacob didn't hold his hand again.

Had he done something?

He didn't mean to upset his boyfriend.

"Jakie?" Troye says quietly.

"What?" the tall boy questions angrily, his tone of voice cutting through the small boy like a burning sword.

"Never mind," Troye whispers, his chest aching physically.

Jacob parks the truck at Troye's favorite restaurant, and Troye smiles slightly, deciding not to let Jacob's anger ruin the day.

Jacob holds the door open for the little before walking in after him.

They're guided to a booth and they sit across from each other.

"Get anything you want, honey," Jacob says, his voice calm.

Troye gets his usual favorite bacon cheeseburger and a strawberry milkshake with extra whip cream.

Jacob gets a bacon cheeseburger as well but with a Coke.

They eat in silence for a while, until Troye decides to speak up, noticing Jacob looked pissed but hadn't said anything.

"Jacob?"

Jacob looks at him, but remains silent.

"Um... who... never mind."

"What?" Jacob demands.

Troye shakes his head, his body slowly beginning to tremble at his boyfriend's voice, "It's not important."

"Yes, it is. Just tell me, Troye."

Tears reach the brim of Troye's eyes.

He sighs before speaking, his voice cracking, "I... I don't like you right now."

Jacob's face softens, his eyes becoming sad, "What?"

Troye's body trembles and tears threaten to escape his eyes, but he fights to hold them back, "You're reminding me of m-my dad. H-he's always angry, and he's always quiet before he finally snaps. I-I don't like it."

Jacob slides out of the booth and sits next to his love.

He hugs him protectively, "Shh, baby... I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry, sweetheart. I promise, I won't ever hurt you, alright? I'm not your father. You're safe with me, okay?"

Troye nods and cries into Jacob's neck.

After calming down, the couple got their food to go.

They go home and Jacob puts on a movie for the two.

"Jacob?" Troye mumbles halfway through the movie.

"Yeah, sweetie?"

"Can we have sex?"

"Sex?"

"Mhm."

Jacob bites his lip, "No. No, baby, why don't we just cuddle tonight?"

"We've been just cuddling for almost three weeks though."

"I know. But I just don't think it's the right time right now."

'Cause it doesn't mean anything to you."

"Troye-"

"I know, Jacob. I know why you don't want to. But I'm fine," Troye says.

He turns his head to look at Jacob, "I promise, I'm fine. I just want my boyfriend. I want the memory of him gone. I want happy memories with sex, I don't want to be thinking of him. If I have you, at least, I know I'm safe."

Jacob sighs sadly.

He kisses Troye's lips before pulling away again, "Maybe tomorrow, okay?"

Troye kisses him back and sighs, "Fine."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸