Chapter 13

Isle of the Lost
Harry POV

I could not believe it. How was he here? Why was he here, and most importantly, how did he know I would be coming here?
"What's the matter Harry? Cat got your tongue?"
"No." I say. "What are ye doin' here, Da'?"
"Well this is my ship, I can do what I want here. The real question is, what are you doing?" He sneers.
"I need the ship to go ta Neverland."
"Neverland?" He roars. "And you Smee, were you going to go with him, ay?"
"No sir, I was just helping him find it, Captain."
"Why the blood hell would you do that, huh? No one takes my ship without asking me."
"Da', please." I beg.
"Why do you need to go to Neverland anyway, boy?" He asks. "Is it for Uma, your little Captain?" For as long as I've been in Uma's crew my father has never let it go that I am merely a First Mate. A Hook that was a First Mate has been unheard of in the family history of Hook. But I didn't care, I loved my crew like family. They were a better family to me then my own father was.
"Yes actually." I say. "Something about annoying some Lost Boys."
"I see. Well Harry," he started to pace the deck around me, "this is my ship, and I'm not going to let just anyone take her for a spin."
"No, I didn't expect that ya would." I say.
"But maybe if you beat me in a duel, I might just let you have her." I glared at him. He knows that I never was able to beat him when he taught me to fence. And I payed for it, badly. But I have no choice, without going to Neverland I can't save Lani. And without The Jolly Roger, I can't go to Neverland. I didn't say anything, just drew my sword and eyed him.
"So a fight it is then. Well I hope you have said all your goodbyes, because you might not be breathing after this."

I pant and wipe my brow with the back of my hand. Despite having fought with my father for an hour or so, I was shivering. My father stared at me. He had a few cuts on his face from where I nicked him and a gash on his hooked arm. I had a pain in my shoulder where his sword got me but I was better off then he was.
"Come on, you're not giving up that easy are you Harry?" My father taunted. I grit my teeth together. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of an answer. Instead I swung my sword at his stomach. He stepped back to dodge it, stumbling a little on the wet boards. I kept up the offence, continually attacking him, but never laying a scratch. I pushed him to the edge of the ship, and held his neck at the point of my sword. He breathed heavily, grinning madly at me.
"Well well well." He said. "You've come far from our days fencing together."
"I'm not the same boy I was." I reply bitterly, pressing the blade deeper into the flesh.
"You can thank me for that, boy. I made you the man you are today through my discipline."
"Discipline?" I ask unbelievably. "Ye beat me fer droppin me sword the first time we fenced!"
"You needed to learn, and learn you did. You aren't dropping your sword anymore, are you Harry?" I growled at him. "If you're gonna kill me Harry, hurry up and do it." I've wanted to hurt my father for years, but kill him? Could I do that? He himself has killed, why can't I? One swift flick of my sword and he would stop breathing. After all the pain he put me through, the beatings, I have every reason to end his life. There wasn't a soul more fitting. And then there was Neilani. If I didn't do this, I couldn't save her. And I needed to save her. I stared into my father's dark eyes.
"No." I say lowly and move my sword from his neck. "I'm better then that."
"Well you really shouldn't have said that." And he starts to attack me. I put my sword up to deflect his blows. He manages to get his sword to nick my leg and I cry out. Heis eyes sparkle with amusement, having heard me yelp. Heard me be weak. I stumble back to catch my breath before charging at him again. After practising wth Neilani I realise how much slower he is then her. This gave me an advantage and I manage to disarm him. Da' grins again.
"Got me again Harry. Come on just finish it off."
"Get out of 'ere Da'. It's over, ye lost." I say.
"I didn't raise you to be like that."
"I'm not you." I say simply. "Take Smee and get off me ship."
"Fine. Fair fight." He gritted. "Won't be so easy next time, boy!" and with that the infamous Captain Hook strutted off the ship with Smee in tow. Once they had left, I smiled. I had it. The Jolly Rodger was mine. Neilani, here we come. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++