Chapter Fourteen

I looked behind me to see a squad of five cop hovercrafts tailing me. I halted my car and let them surround me. I wasn't Whisper, I was Nova Asterio.

A cop pulled up right beside me and got out of the hovercraft and activated his rocket boots. He drifted over to my window. It disappeared and he asked me, "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

I did my best efforts to look scared, so I quivered, "Um no. Why?"

He looked at the interior of the hovercraft, "This hovercraft isn't licensed to you and we have detected large amounts of technological energy." He cocked his head to the side.

"I know this hovercraft isn't licensed to me, but my friend was letting me borrow it. Also, this is New Metros. You will detect large amounts of technology. I mean look around." I giggled.

"I'll let you go if you can tell me your friend's name and the hovercrafts number."

I trembled as my brain wrecked through the interior of the hovercraft. "Any day now miss," the cop pressured.

"Um the hovercraft number is 2HE475 and my friend's name is Kyra Nuib." I smiled tentatively. My brain relaxed. The cop nodded and waved me on. "Thank you!" I drove off with quickened speed. I needed to get as close as possible before dropping the hovercraft.

After driving for an hour and a half, I dropped the hovercraft and ran to the port. I was exhausted by the time I arrived at the dock. I started up the boat and went home.

The Glass Dome monitors told me everyone had fallen except Damien. When I arrived in the house i was greeted with Damien cooking something. It smelt like brownies.

"Where were you?" He questioned me. He stood in front of me with a super tiny feminine floral designed apron on his fuzzy pj's he must have scrounged up somewhere. It didn't fit him either.

"I can't take you serious with pj's and an apron on." I laughed to myself and walked past him to see a big mess splayed out on the counter. I looked at him with a questioning look.

He threw his arms up, "Micky and I wanted brownies!"

"Micky? My nephew hung out with you?" I crossed my arms. I didn't care if Micky was hanging out with Damien, I was worried about Faith reacting. Especially after she barged in on me and Damien kissing.

Damien pointed to the couch with a spatula, "He passed out of exhaustion thirty minutes ago. And well you weren't home so I made more brownies." He smirked. He put the spatula down and ran his hands through his hair, blinking slowly.

Sometimes I did wonder why Damien had become so accepting of the fact he could never leave. It didn't bother me though unless he was faking his happiness.

"Fine, let's watch a baking show and eat your brownies." I smiled and walked over to the couch and lifted Micky up and carried him to his bedroom he stayed in when he visited. His moppy brown hair tangled itself. Micky was a very nimble child for his age and weighed too little. My fault.

I brushed off the thought and walked back to the living room and sat down. Turning the TV on to the baking show on where they brought in bad bakers to win stuff. Damien plopped down next to me in his ridiculous outfit.

"You have to take off that apron. I seriously can't." I laughed at him. He rolled his eyes and removed it and set it aside.

"Brownie or brownie batter?" He raised his eyebrow.

I stared at him, "Batter always." He smiled and handed me a spoon. We quieted down as the show progressed and the batter was almost gone by the time the show ended. I went to reach for another spoonful but Damien caught my hand. My heart beated fast.

"You have some batter on your face." He released my hand and swiped the batter of my face with his thumb. His skin was freezing cold and it made me shiver. I looked to his eyes getting caught up in the moment I could only hope this meant what happened last time. He leaned to kiss me.

"Auntie?" Micky's small soft voice whispered from the hallway. I turned away from Damien and got up. I straightened myself out and went to pick him up.

"Yeah, Micky? Something wrong?" I asked him as I grabbed his hand and led him back into his room.

"I want my mommy." He responded while he rubbed his eyes and yawned.

I nodded and sent Faith and IC. "She is on her way."

While I waited for Faith to arrive I had been reading him a story. A door opening sounded from outside Micky's room. I heard Faith's voice and Damien's voice talking and I could hear her voice rise.

"Come on Micky, your mom is here." I walked him back to the living room where Faith had turned her attention back to Micky. She opened her arms wide open and Micky ran into her arms. She hoisted Micky up and nodded to me and left.

"Listen, Damien, I'm sorry." I looked at him. He had changed into a morbid gray loose t-shirt and some baggy black shorts.

"Why? It wasn't you. Well, goodnight." He waved goodnight and began walking to his room.

I walked after him, "Damien wait." He turned around, clearly about to say something, but that was swallowed out by my kiss. He stepped back for a second before he realized what I did. He lifted his hands to cup my face.

He broke off from the kiss and entered his room, shutting his door in my face. Pushing me away.